Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-17-2008, 02:36 AM   #1
sailorman524
sailorman524 is on a distinguished road

Device: Prs-700
Bookmark just died

I've had the 700 for about 3 weeks now and really like it. This evening I was reading and decided to change books (I read 4-5 books at once) went to bookmark and it stopped working. Everything else is fine, just the bookmark.
I have about 200+ books on the unit and am re-reading the 100 top SciFi again. Part of my bucket list!
I've email to support center but that was just a bit ago.
Mark the time for customer support!
Anyone else experience this?...J$
sailorman524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 10:08 PM   #2
Palladin
Connoisseur
Palladin began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-700, 350 & Pocketbook IQ
Mine reset and I lost some of my collections and all of my bookmarks. I think it had something to do with my transfer of files to the ereader using the ebook software. I now transfer only a few books at a time instead of an entire collection.

I would be interested in your list of the top 100 Scifi and source. I read every one I can find also. Would you happen to have the TEK series, I only have two of the 10 and was hoping to read the series again.
Palladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2008, 06:16 AM   #3
dhbailey
Guru
dhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enough

Device: HP iPAQ211 / PRS 500, 700 and 505
That sort of thing happened all the time with my 500, so I gave up using collections.

however, I'm very curious about the original statement that the bookmark stopped working. By that, do you mean that you can't create a bookmark? or do you mean that the link on the main page which shows all your bookmarks won't even open the bookmark display at all? Or do you mean that it opens but it's empty?
dhbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 10:35 AM   #4
sailorman524
sailorman524 is on a distinguished road

Device: Prs-700
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhbailey View Post
That sort of thing happened all the time with my 500, so I gave up using collections.

however, I'm very curious about the original statement that the bookmark stopped working. By that, do you mean that you can't create a bookmark? or do you mean that the link on the main page which shows all your bookmarks won't even open the bookmark display at all? Or do you mean that it opens but it's empty?

I mean that I can tap on the upper rt hand corner like a woodpecker and zero happens.

I now feel that when I re-booted my PC with the reader installed something happened. I actually had to unplug the reader from a USB port as my PC hung. I unplugged it and it continued to boot normally.
Lasyt night I manually reset ALL my options and the bookmark returned. I don't know why, were not allow at the source code.

Anyway, reader working fine now.
sailorman524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 10:57 AM   #5
Liviu_5
Books and more books
Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: Nook Color, Itouch, Nokia770, Sony 650, Sony 700(dead), Ebk(given)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorman524 View Post
I mean that I can tap on the upper rt hand corner like a woodpecker and zero happens.

I now feel that when I re-booted my PC with the reader installed something happened. I actually had to unplug the reader from a USB port as my PC hung. I unplugged it and it continued to boot normally.
Lasyt night I manually reset ALL my options and the bookmark returned. I don't know why, were not allow at the source code.

Make sure you do not have the "hide notes" activated in options; then you won't be able to create/delete bookmarks.
Liviu_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-21-2008, 09:02 AM   #6
dhbailey
Guru
dhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enough

Device: HP iPAQ211 / PRS 500, 700 and 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorman524 View Post

I would urge anybody/everybody to remember to disconnect all external devices such as the Sony Reader and any mp3 players, etc., when rebooting a PC.

I am delighted your reader is working fine now -- I'm sure you went through a couple of scary days wondering if your reader was ruined.
dhbailey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bookmark