Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-14-2008, 06:37 PM   #1
mizo9999
mizo9999 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 700
Sony PRS 500 trade in deal? Experiences?

I'm just curious, online it sounds like I can go into a Sony store--before January 1st, 2009--with a PRS 500 and get $100 off the purchase of a PRS 505 with no waiting for the credit or filling out extraneous paperwork. Is this true? Has anyone done it in person like that? And does the PRS 500 have to be in good working order, or if it had, say, a broken screen, would it still be a simple trade in for credit?
mizo9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 08:00 PM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by mizo9999 View Post
I'm just curious, online it sounds like I can go into a Sony store--before January 1st, 2009--with a PRS 500 and get $100 off the purchase of a PRS 505 with no waiting for the credit or filling out extraneous paperwork. Is this true? Has anyone done it in person like that? And does the PRS 500 have to be in good working order, or if it had, say, a broken screen, would it still be a simple trade in for credit?
I think if you buy it online you have to send it in before you get the credit. I recall some people saying that they did turn in a broken one. If you go to the store with your 500 they will give you the credit instantly.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2008, 11:16 AM   #3
acprinter
Groupie
acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 11th generation
Good Sony Experience

Yes it is true, I took my 500 model into the Sony Style store and $100 was taken off without any paperwork on my part. Also the saleperson must a have been feeling generous that day. I was also purchased the a 3 year warranty and the clip on book light. My total was $229 including tax.

To say the least I was a happy-camper. So to all the people out there bad mouthing Sony I say to you.

Another experience I had with Sony was with my wife's 500 model. It had poor battery life from the start. Sony replaced her 500 with a 505 and gave her a 2 year warranty for nothing.

Call a Sony store and ask if you can trade in your sony even if it has problems. But be sure to get the name of the salesperson you talked to.

acprinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 11:20 AM   #4
acprinter
Groupie
acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sony experience

Total time from the date I mailed back my wife's 500 model, to the time we recieved the new 505 replacement was ONE week.
Old 11-16-2008, 09:36 PM   #5
dgillette.rm
Connoisseur
dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: sony
Thanks for the feedback on your experience.

Do you need to unauthorize your 500 before you go to the store?
dgillette.rm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2008, 11:12 AM   #6
acprinter
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgillette.rm View Post
Thanks for the feedback on your experience.

Do you need to unauthorize your 500 before you go to the store?
It is easier to unauthorize you 500 on your home computer before going into the store, but you can do it by phone with Sony support afterwards.
Old 11-18-2008, 08:27 AM   #7
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad, MotoXStyle, OnePlusOne
Quote:
Originally Posted by acprinter View Post
It is easier to unauthorize you 500 on your home computer before going into the store, but you can do it by phone with Sony support afterwards.
You can also unauthorize via email, and the couple of times I've needed to do that they have been very prompt, getting back to me in a matter of hours.

Just go to the help page for the connect ebook store and fill out the contact form.
bbusybookworm is offline   Reply With Quote