Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-17-2012, 02:24 AM   #1
Noite
Noite began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo touch
Problems with fw 2.3.1

Hey. I just updated to 2.3.1 and I'm having some problems with it.

My reading stats aren't updating at all (resigned in hopes that it just wasn't refreshing due to the update and ended up resetting all the stats, is that normal?) and whenever I go into sleep mode I just get the default sleep screen instead of the ebook's cover.

Is there any way to fix any of those problems?
Noite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 05:01 PM   #2
daldred
Enthusiast
daldred is a marvel to beholddaldred is a marvel to beholddaldred is a marvel to beholddaldred is a marvel to beholddaldred is a marvel to beholddaldred is a marvel to beholddaldred is a marvel to beholddaldred is a marvel to beholddaldred is a marvel to beholddaldred is a marvel to beholddaldred is a marvel to behold

Device: Elonex eb511
I've just got 2.3.1 in an update as well. Can't speak for reading stats yet, but the cover of my present book is displayed correctly in sleep mode.
daldred is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-17-2012, 05:12 PM   #3
kobokobe
I am what I am
kobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfolded

Location: An enormous, polar bear infested igloo that we call north of the 49.
Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch
Same as above post. Haven't checked reading stats, but the cover works correctly. I assume you've checked the settings to ensure it wasn't changed for some reason.
kobokobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:10 PM   #4
masona8
Enthusiast
masona8 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo, Kindle DX graphite, Kindle 3
I have serious problems from this update.
My home button does not work. The power button no longer invokes sleep mode. I don't know if there are other problems as I just can't seem to do anything.

I have done a factory reset a few times but the same problems reoccur.

I have done sync a few more times but nothing.

I perhaps need to reinstall the update or do a factory reset.

Tony
masona8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:22 PM   #5
ottdmk
Wizard
ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus, Lenovo Tab M8 HD
Hiya masona8,

I just got 2.3.1 over wifi this evening. While I didn't have your other problems, I did have the sleep one.

I tried logging out of my account on the device and logging back in. That did the trick.

Maybe it could help you.
ottdmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-17-2012, 08:48 PM   #6
masona8
Enthusiast
masona8 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo, Kindle DX graphite, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottdmk View Post

I tried logging out of my account on the device and logging back in.
Maybe it could help you.
Well thanks, thanks and thanks a lot and muchly. Merry Xmas and Happy New Year.

I've just sent you a thousand, no worries it was worth it ... it's in the post!

Tony

Only God know how software relates to itself or maybe not
masona8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 05:16 AM   #7
henkvdb
henkvdb began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura H2O
Problem: returning to page not correct

Since the upgrade to 2.31 epubs don't return to the page I was reading: the software correctly returns to the right page-number, but not to the right page (most of the time 5-10 pages before)
henkvdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 09:50 AM   #8
Anak
Fanatic
Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Since updating KT to 2.3.1. the notorious cover image bug is back with some sideloaded ebooks but not all. I don't know if the bug occurs with kepubs aswell as I don't read book in that format.
Anak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 04:54 PM   #9
mld
mld , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mld , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mld , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mld , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mld , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mld , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mld , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mld , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mld , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mld , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mld , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kobo Touch

I have the same or very similar problem since the 2.3.1 upgrade.

I discovered that bookmaking/closing my epub book at page 158, reopening the book seconds later, the book reopens at a different page that displays the number 158 until you turn to the next page which ends up having number 154. Something is not as it used to be and the page numbering seems impacted.

I made the basic reset but no change of behavior.

Last edited by mld; 12-19-2012 at 05:00 PM.
mld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 04:57 PM   #10
mld
mld , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mld , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mld , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mld , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mld , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mld , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mld , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mld , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mld , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mld , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mld , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kobo Touch

Glad to see I am not alone!
mld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 11:49 AM   #11
acidhouse
acidhouse began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
I had the home button error, solved by a factory reset and re-upgrade
today i had the text goto the smallest size for that font whilst going to the next page, going into the font setting, nothing had changed, but had to reselect my text size before it worked as normal.
not good if this keeps happening
acidhouse is offline   Reply With Quote