Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-25-2007, 10:16 AM   #1
spooky69
Stats:
spooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-505
Red face PRS-505 Madness

[obscene language deleted]

This type of language will not be tolerated on MobileRead. Please express your views without using 4-letter words in every sentence.

Moderator.

Last edited by HarryT; 12-26-2007 at 05:28 AM. Reason: Obscene language.
spooky69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 10:32 PM   #2
DrMoze
Booknut
DrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with others

Device: Sony Reader 500/505/300/350, Nook Glowlight Plus (6")
Someone has been nipping at the egg nog today!
DrMoze is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2007, 09:19 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
What did the first message in this thread have to say (without using the same words)?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 09:22 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
That he'd got a 505 for Christmas and liked it very much .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 09:24 AM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
So why the need to use offensive language to say that?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2007, 09:34 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
"Enthusiasm", would be my guess .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 09:44 AM   #7
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
like a kid in a candy store
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 11:35 AM   #8
GatorDeb
Evangelist
GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: PW2 + HDX 8.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Is that what he said? I read the post before it was taken away and gave up trying to comprehend it.
GatorDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 12:30 PM   #9
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I personally would have preferred if you just replaced swearwords with something like [Deleted swearword]. I found that post quite amusing, even if it was a little bit ... aehm ... incoherent
That way half the post would have remained
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 07:41 PM   #10
mlbspike
Enthusiast
mlbspike began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS500, PRS505
Hmmm. Glad I got to read it before it was removed. More obscure than obscene. Great composers have mastered the medium before they break the rules. Not certain if the poster was joyfully stomping all over the language, for fun, in full knowledge of what he was doing, or if he just has his own English language variant, that works for him. Either way, it was entertaining ... rather like a word puzzle, without a set of rules ... hard to abide for long, but perhaps entertaining upon occasion. Ok ... edit that. Looking at his other posts, he seems to have an excellent grasp of the language. He was just having fun. I think someone said it ... enthusiasm.
Was interested in his worry about the flimsiness of the cover.
Was very happy with it, myself. Does he expect to be able to skim it around like a frisbee? Maybe I'm too insulated from the mainstream ... it might be a valid point. If this tech is going to become mainstream, with kids throwing it in their backpacks, and abusing it like an average textbook gets abused at school, maybe it will need to become more robust, or perhaps someone just needs to offer an alternative to the base cover ... a sort of ruggedized cover, that cares more about being invulnerable than being pretty, and light.
- Mike

Last edited by mlbspike; 12-26-2007 at 07:52 PM.
mlbspike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 10:03 AM   #11
spooky69
Stats:
spooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheese

Hey, guys! I am back with a hot tip that has gotten me out of a lot of sticky situations. Ever been driving really drunk and gotten pulled over by a cop and gotten a DUI? Me neither, but, if I ever had this scenario happen, what I would I would do is have a whole bottle of hard A inside my glove-holder thing (the one in between the seats and not the one over in the corner) and then when the cop pulls me over I would turn off the car so that I am not officially driving it at that point and then grab my booze and get out and then chug it in front of the cop and his cop car cameras, so then they can't arrest me for a DUI because they can't prove which booze is the reason why I am drunk, and so while I will take the hit for the open container charges, there is no way for them to know how much I was actually endangering the lives of other people out the streets (if at all)! My friend did this and it held up in court.
Old 12-28-2007, 12:55 PM   #12
Astropin
Connoisseur
Astropin is on a distinguished road

Device: PRS-505, N800
Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky69 View Post
Hey, guys! I am back with a hot tip that has gotten me out of a lot of sticky situations. Ever been driving really drunk and gotten pulled over by a cop and gotten a DUI? Me neither, but, if I ever had this scenario happen, what I would I would do is have a whole bottle of hard A inside my glove-holder thing (the one in between the seats and not the one over in the corner) and then when the cop pulls me over I would turn off the car so that I am not officially driving it at that point and then grab my booze and get out and then chug it in front of the cop and his cop car cameras, so then they can't arrest me for a DUI because they can't prove which booze is the reason why I am drunk, and so while I will take the hit for the open container charges, there is no way for them to know how much I was actually endangering the lives of other people out the streets (if at all)! My friend did this and it held up in court.
That is the dumbest thing I've read in a long, long time....congratulations.
Astropin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 01:43 PM   #13
KlondikeGeoff
Wombat Aficionado
KlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enough

Device: Fire, Kindle1, Sony PRS-500 Reader, Rocket 1100 eBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astropin View Post
That is the dumbest thing I've read in a long, long time....congratulations.
Not only dumb, but this is obviously a troll. The best thing is not to post any responses to encourage him.
KlondikeGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 02:19 PM   #14
spooky69
Stats:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KlondikeGeoff View Post
Not only dumb, but this is obviously a troll. The best thing is not to post any responses to encourage him.
Not really! I was mostly trying to be irreverent.
Old 12-28-2007, 02:33 PM   #15
Astropin
Connoisseur
Astropin is on a distinguished road

Device: PRS-505, N800
Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky69 View Post
Not really! I was mostly trying to be irreverent.
Sorry....missed that.....did enjoy your "ONE MILLION BOOKS!!!" line though
Astropin is offline   Reply With Quote