Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-14-2011, 10:55 PM   #1
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
K3 got stuck

What should I do? It got stuck while loading a crossword puzzle
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 12:44 AM   #2
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyndslash View Post
What should I do? It got stuck while loading a crossword puzzle
Did you try to restart it by holding the switch to the right for 30 seconds?
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-15-2011, 01:47 AM   #3
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yup. Still gets stuck
Old 10-15-2011, 02:02 AM   #4
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Yup. Still gets stuck
It stuck and wont restart or gets stuck after restarting the Kindle?
Old 10-15-2011, 02:14 AM   #5
WinnieP
WinnieP began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G
I read somewhere holding the power switch exactly 15 seconds does a different reset than holding it longer and that might fix a frozen Kindle. Worth a try.
WinnieP is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-15-2011, 02:17 AM   #6
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool hmmmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinnieP View Post
I read somewhere holding the power switch exactly 15 seconds does a different reset than holding it longer and that might fix a frozen Kindle. Worth a try.
if that doesn't help try charging it for a while (overnight is good).
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 02:31 AM   #7
wyndslash
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
It stuck and wont restart or gets stuck after restarting the Kindle?
The active content won't load
Old 10-15-2011, 02:32 AM   #8
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
The active content won't load
Okay I would remove the game, restart the Kindle then redownload it.

What game is it?
Old 10-15-2011, 05:14 AM   #9
wyndslash
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Okay I would remove the game, restart the Kindle then redownload it.

What game is it?
all of my active content (ex. NY crossword puzzle, notepad, etc). ok, i'll try to do that. thanks
Old 10-15-2011, 06:50 AM   #10
wyndslash
Wizard

it still won't work. looks like i'm going to have a chat with customer service
Old 10-15-2011, 07:07 AM   #11
wyndslash
Wizard

ok, it's fine now
Old 10-15-2011, 08:03 AM   #12
TimW
Wizard
TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK3G, KPW1, Sony PRST1, Sony PRS350, iPod Touch 5G
Quote:
ok, it's fine now
Marvelous people at Amazon CS...very good. I've had issues with active content but I don't often try using it.
TimW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 08:51 AM   #13
wyndslash
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimW View Post
Marvelous people at Amazon CS...very good. I've had issues with active content but I don't often try using it.
i bought a bunch of word games when they were on sale
Old 10-15-2011, 05:44 PM   #14
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
ok, it's fine now
What did CS do, Wyndslash?
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 08:12 AM   #15
wyndslash
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
What did CS do, Wyndslash?
just told me what to do step-by-step. i actually found it in their FAQ but i was already in the chat and didn't want to blow off the CS i'm amazed by their patience of dealing with frustrated idiots like me