Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 08-09-2011, 12:00 PM   #1
sjpt
sjpt began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen Opus
Opus default CSS

I have just bought a new Opus (very good value, thanks Tesco) and am very pleased with it.

I would like to change the default css; in particular to change paragraph format to no blank lines, but first line indented. I have managed to do this using calibre 'remove spacing between paragraphs' option; and 'converting' existing epub books to epub, but it is a bit of an effort and has to be repeated on each book.

Does anyone know if Opus supports a default CSS, or can be hacked to do so?

Thanks; Stephen
sjpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 12:12 PM   #2
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
As far as I know, it can't be changed.
Jellby is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-12-2011, 04:41 AM   #3
sjpt

Thanks for the response. I've done a batch convert of most of my books using Calibre.
Old 08-12-2011, 06:12 AM   #4
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
For the most part, a conversion is unneeded, and might cause some other problems.

All you probably need is adding "p { margin: 0; text-indent: 1em; }" to the existing CSS file or modify the defined styles. I believe you can do it in Calibre with the "Tweak ePub" option.
Jellby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 05:50 AM   #5
sjpt

Thanks, I didn't know about the "Tweak ePub" option. It's certainly cleaner than a full convert. It would have been less convenient on my initial set of books as there is no batch option for it, but I may well use it in future.
Advert

Tags
opus css