Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-23-2009, 11:03 PM   #1
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
Talking Happy Saint-Jean-Baptiste day!!! :)

Tomorrow is Québec's national day, Saint-Jean-Baptiste. It's a day to celebrate our culture, our wonderful history and our diversity. It's also - mostly - the day to get drunk out of your mind in the park, listening to local bands The biggest party of the year!

I need everyone of you to find yourself a drink, raise your glass, and toast with all the province tomorrow night!

Bonne Saint-Jean!!!

Party on!

Here's some Québec classics to get us moving!

Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 11:07 PM   #2
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Bonne Saint-Jean!!
WDE.

Last edited by Wetdogeared; 06-23-2009 at 11:37 PM.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 11:21 PM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Happy happy!!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 11:27 PM   #4
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Bonne Saint-Jean!

(thanks WDE)

Sheesh! The neighbours are rather wild with those fireworks. It's pretty!

Last edited by yvanleterrible; 06-23-2009 at 11:29 PM.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 11:31 PM   #5
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

So, DG! Are you still commin' over?
Old 06-23-2009, 11:39 PM   #6
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible View Post
So, DG! Are you still commin' over?
I'll be there with bells on!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 11:41 PM   #7
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
I'll be there with bells on!

Just to join in on the music I hope.

WDE.

Last edited by Wetdogeared; 06-23-2009 at 11:56 PM.
Old 06-23-2009, 11:53 PM   #8
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verencat View Post
Tomorrow is Québec's national day, Saint-Jean-Baptiste. It's a day to celebrate our culture, our wonderful history and our diversity. It's also - mostly - the day to get drunk out of your mind in the park, listening to local bands The biggest party of the year!

I need everyone of you to find yourself a drink, raise your glass, and toast with all the province tomorrow night!

Bonne Saint-Jean!!!

Party on!
I'm not sure if your belly button ring is caught or if your dad glued you tummy to the couch but I hope you get free so you can get out and enjoy!!!

I'll have a big plate of Poutine tomorrow.

Bonne Saint-Jean!!!
Barcey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 12:11 AM   #9
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Bonne Saint-Jean to you all, it's now past midnight so we can officially start drinking for the next 24 hours!

I raise my glass (bottle) to MR and international friendship!

Barcey, enjoy your poutine (mmmm...poutine....ever tried one with spaghetti sauce on top? It's to die for!) and thanks for the wishes! The big party is tomorrow in Montréal, so tomorrow I party!!

Thanks WDE, and DGMa, I can't wait to see you in Québec!
Old 06-24-2009, 12:17 AM   #10
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible View Post
Sheesh! The neighbours are rather wild with those fireworks. It's pretty!

I can see them all the way to Vancouver.

WDE.

Last edited by Wetdogeared; 06-24-2009 at 12:21 AM.
Old 06-24-2009, 12:39 AM   #11
Verencat
Wizard

As WDE reminded me, we can't forget traditional music!

This one I love (excluding the first 20 secs, there's a problem with the video)
I did dance with the group once, in a folkloric music festival - unforgettable!

And this band, Mes Aïeux, is a modern version of La Bottine - plus, the video has English subtitles! Yay!

Old 06-24-2009, 08:52 AM   #12
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verencat View Post
Bonne Saint-Jean to you all, it's now past midnight so we can officially start drinking for the next 24 hours!

I raise my glass (bottle) to MR and international friendship!

Barcey, enjoy your poutine (mmmm...poutine....ever tried one with spaghetti sauce on top? It's to die for!) and thanks for the wishes! The big party is tomorrow in Montréal, so tomorrow I party!!

Thanks WDE, and DGMa, I can't wait to see you in Québec!
My new favorite poutine is with Tsaziki sauce.
Old 06-24-2009, 08:52 AM   #13
Verencat
Wizard

Ok, so I'm already in full party mode and it's 8:50AM, so before I start preparing the pic-nic and start lurking at beer bottles, I want to wish you all again

Bonne Saint-Jean!

And remind you to drink away, for us and for Tirsales too, who achieved a wonderful grade in his exam!
Old 06-24-2009, 09:00 AM   #14
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Bonne Saint-Jean to everyone in Quebec, and to everyone who's using it as an excuse to party

Currently I'm raising my tea mug, but that's only because drinking alcohol at work is frowned on!
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 07:27 PM   #15
Verencat
Wizard

Thank you Am!

Before I leave again to keep on partying, I'd like to post this video - a song by Les Colocs (The Roomies) with English lyrics. And, it's the story of a cat!

That band was iconic here, but ten years ago (not that long after recording this) the lead singer, André (Dédé) Fortin, committed suicide. Today's celebrations are greatly dedicated to him.

Cheers to all, ans Slainte to GeoffC!