Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 07-13-2010, 09:29 PM   #1
meika
meika began at the beginning.

Device: palm, sony xperia with Moonreader, Pocketbook 360 plus, Pocketbook 613
Wonderful Book Browser-->add semantics menu not sticking

I'm trying to mark all chapter files from the book browser's Add Semantics contextual menu as "text". As per apple ipad recommendations. However they don't seem to be "sticking".

It only sticks to the last file I've selected, ie the one most recently applied with the add semantics contextual menu (as text).

Decompressing the epub only shows this most recent applied file file in <guide> listed as text (in the OPF file).

(On a Mac 10.5 and don't seem able to select more than one file in the book browser)

What am I doing wrong? I mean I can hand code it otherwise.

Last edited by meika; 07-13-2010 at 09:34 PM. Reason: bad phrasing
meika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 06:29 AM   #2
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
You're not doing anything wrong, I'm doing something wrong.

The XHTML "Add Semantics" menu is designed to mark one and only one file as belonging to a certain type/category. So if you mark one file as the cover, and then mark another as the cover, the first one is unmarked. This is the preferred behavior since every single one of the types is generally meant to be applied to just one XHTML file.

Every single one except the "Text" type... which I forgot about.

Report this on the tracker so it gets fixed.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 11:54 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valloric View Post
You're not doing anything wrong, I'm doing something wrong.

The XHTML "Add Semantics" menu is designed to mark one and only one file as belonging to a certain type/category. So if you mark one file as the cover, and then mark another as the cover, the first one is unmarked. This is the preferred behavior since every single one of the types is generally meant to be applied to just one XHTML file.

Every single one except the "Text" type... which I forgot about.

Report this on the tracker so it gets fixed.
Idea
In the book browser, style or somehow, mark any file (other than text) that has any "semantic" flag set.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 08:30 AM   #4
meika
meika began at the beginning.

Device: palm, sony xperia with Moonreader, Pocketbook 360 plus, Pocketbook 613
tracked at google code
meika is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
add semantics, book browser