Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-03-2019, 09:31 AM   #16
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
My PW3 seems OK, the one that did previously have a battery issue that "vanished" when I swapped a newer one to the person that had it. I think indexing can run down battery? Eject but keep charging if adding a bunch of books?
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 10:02 AM   #17
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrustratedReader View Post
Eject but keep charging if adding a bunch of books?
Yes, I think the indexing process needs a constant power source, at least that's been my experience. So after side-loading books, I'll eject the device from my PC and keep it plugged into power until the indexing process is complete.
93terp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-03-2019, 10:46 AM   #18
Incandenza
Incandenza began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Ok, I will charge the battery again to 100% and see what happens. Just for the record, it got as low as 5% still yesterday and I had to put it to charge. It charged up to 50% before I went to sleep. Soon after I woke up, it was on 37%.
Incandenza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 03:56 PM   #19
lumpynose
Wizard
lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm Pilot M105
If all of your books are in calibre you can always slap your Kindle up side the head by doing a factory reset.
lumpynose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 05:19 PM   #20
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
I have 3 of the latest Paperwhites and 2 3rd generation Paperwhites and a Voyage. I updated them all the first day. Their batteries are still fine.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-03-2019, 06:16 PM   #21
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
My PW4 locked up a couple of times and needed restart, but seems fine now. It has about 250 books on it, perhaps it was trying to index and was losing UI events and getting lost.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 09:52 PM   #22
Incandenza

You folks comments are starting to make me consider a repair. Time to regret buying my Kindle on retail...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpynose View Post
If all of your books are in calibre you can always slap your Kindle up side the head by doing a factory reset.
I'm going to try that and, if it doesn't work, I will look for a repair or an exchange. More and more this seems to be a hardware issue.
Old 06-03-2019, 11:18 PM   #23
Sol Arkite
Zealot
Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: KV; PW3 ; PW2 ; k5; KT2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Incandenza View Post
You folks comments are starting to make me consider a repair. Time to regret buying my Kindle on retail...

I'm going to try that and, if it doesn't work, I will look for a repair or an exchange. More and more this seems to be a hardware issue.
I have a PW2 I updated to 5.10 and ended up with a strange battery drain. I backed everything up. (Then installed the latest hotfix to maintain the jailbreak) then reset the device. (Then again reapplied the hotfix to maintain the jailbreak) Then copied everything back. Battery problem went away.
Sol Arkite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 11:29 AM   #24
Incandenza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Arkite View Post
I have a PW2 I updated to 5.10 and ended up with a strange battery drain. I backed everything up. (Then installed the latest hotfix to maintain the jailbreak) then reset the device. (Then again reapplied the hotfix to maintain the jailbreak) Then copied everything back. Battery problem went away.
Yes, I did the same thing (except the jailbreak hotfix b/c my Kindle is not jailbroken) and the battery problem went away too.