Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 03-05-2019, 06:34 AM   #1
Oneluckyscoop
Oneluckyscoop began at the beginning.

Device: Iphone and kindle
Question Book Covers Not Displaying

I just made the $3.99 jump yesterday to purchase Calibre companion for iphone because I enjoy it on my computer and kindle. Unfortunately I can’t figure out why the book covers aren’t showing up. Seeing the book cover display is one of the big reasons I like the program to begin with. Just having text serves no purpose to me. Is there any way to fix this?

Image attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2BD67204-B966-4B4F-9200-A7CAC892FDB8.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	300.9 KB
ID:	170018  
Oneluckyscoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 08:38 AM   #2
karl1c
Connoisseur
karl1c has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitykarl1c has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitykarl1c has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitykarl1c has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitykarl1c has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitykarl1c has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitykarl1c has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitykarl1c has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitykarl1c has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitykarl1c has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitykarl1c has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: iPad
You could try KyBook 3, it has all the features of CC, but is also an ebook reader capable of reading most formats http://kybook-reader.com. I've just written a plugin for Calibre to sync to KyBook 3 including book covers used by Calibre https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=316347
karl1c is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-04-2019, 11:53 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I think the covers need to be embedded into the book, not just appear in Calibre.
I have seen an Occasional (<1%) title do this (generic cover) . What is weirder, is these never update once they exist. I end up removing the book from CC, then send it again (after fixing Library issues).
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre companion, covers, disolay, iphone