Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 04-26-2019, 03:09 PM   #676
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Amazon to give Prime customers one-day shipping, cutting free delivery time in half

Quote:
Prime subscribers will receive their orders in half the time for free, though the change could take time to roll out

Amazon.com Inc. expects to improve the delivery times for customers who sign up for its Prime subscription program, cutting free deliveries to one day instead of two, an executive said Thursday afternoon.

In a conference call related to Amazon’s AMZN, +2.49% quarterly earnings report, Chief Financial Officer Brian Olsavsky explained that the company expects profit to take a hit in the second quarter as Amazon ramps up the change to its Prime program.

“We’re currently working on evolving our Prime free two-day shipping program to be a free one-day shipping program,” Olsavsky said, adding that Amazon expects to spend $800 million this quarter to make the change.

Amazon offers one-day delivery on some products now, and even same-day delivery for some purchases. But Olsavsky suggested that the company now expects that the standard free two-day shipping that is the biggest selling point for the Prime subscription plan will be improved to a one-day schedule globally.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 03:53 PM   #677
crane3
Guru
crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Fire hdx 8.9, Tab S2, Tab S5e, Aura ONE
Guess that's why I'm getting my certified refurbushed Oasis 2 today; a surprise for me! Now its 'out for delivery'.

Wonder how the 1 day works when the stuff ordered is coming from Kentucky to Calif; can Amazon make it?
crane3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 06:52 PM   #678
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crane3 View Post
Guess that's why I'm getting my certified refurbushed Oasis 2 today; a surprise for me! Now its 'out for delivery'.

Wonder how the 1 day works when the stuff ordered is coming from Kentucky to Calif; can Amazon make it?
I think Amazon is gearing up to use transporters (Star Trek) in their warehouses
Old 04-26-2019, 07:00 PM   #679
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I think Amazon is gearing up to use transporters (Star Trek) in their warehouses
I did see where the FAA had cleared Amazon to do drone deliveries.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 07:02 PM   #680
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I figured Amazon was pairing up with Musk's Boring company and would implement supersonic pods between nodes
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 01:32 PM   #681
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Prime Free One Day
Quote:
More than ten million products available coast to coast with no minimum purchase.

By Day One Staff on June 03, 2019

As you may have heard, we are expanding one-day delivery with Amazon Prime. Today, Prime Free One Day is available to members with no minimum purchase amount on more than ten million products, coast to coast. Millions of members are already noticing and enjoying free one-day delivery right to their door, garage and even to their car. That means last-minute birthday presents, sunscreen and beach towels for an impromptu getaway, as well as closet organizers and cleaning products – all delivered the very next day.

more...
Amazon just fired the latest shot against Walmart in the free shipping wars
Old 06-03-2019, 04:44 PM   #682
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Competition is good for consumers.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 01:53 PM   #683
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjack21 View Post
For me the $1 credit is not worth the extra wait for what I have ordered. If I was not on prime the difference in cost of 2 day verses normal ground is considerably more than $1. So to entice me to choose this offer they would need to increase the credit by at least double maybe even tripple it then I would consider it. But at a $1 no way.
That is my feeling on it. $1 credit isn't worth it usually, when slower shipping takes quite a bit longer. As it stands, it typically is 3-4 days now. Slower shipping pushes it out over a week.
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 07:44 PM   #684
Wearever
Wizard
Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2,Voyage, Kindlle hdx 8.9, Ipad mini 4. Air 2
I've noticed this too lately, I was getting the no rush shipping orders within a couple days, my most recent orders have been 4-5 days just to ship. Could be just a busy time right now. If it's something I need right away I'll go with prime 2 day. If I can wait a week then I'll still go with no rush for the digital credit. I've been able to save up quite a few before they expire, and will spend them all next month on new release books I've been waiting for.
Wearever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 12:19 PM   #685
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
I agree; my last few orders have been either Prime next-day shipping, or a week with no-rush. While next-day is overkill most of the time, neither do I want to wait a week or more. Three or four days would usually be fine, but that's not a choice.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 12:44 PM   #686
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Every time I choose the no rush shipping I get it in three days or less. I got one the next day.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 11:19 AM   #687
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Continued Growth for Amazon’s Air Network to Expand Prime Fast, Free Shipping for Customers – Adding Fifteen Boeing 737-800 Converted Freighter Aircraft to Fleet

Quote:
Amazon has partnered with GE Capital Aviation Services to lease an additional fifteen Boeing 737-800 aircraft that will enter the air network by 2021

SEATTLE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jun. 18, 2019-- (NASDAQ:AMZN) – Amazon continues to invest in ways to provide fast, free shipping for customers. Today, at the International Paris Air Show, the company announced a partnership with GE Capital Aviation Services (GECAS) to lease an additional fifteen Boeing 737-800 cargo aircraft. These fifteen aircraft will be in addition to the five Boeing 737-800’s already leased from GECAS and announced earlier this year. The aircraft will fly in the United States out of the more than 20 air gateways in the Amazon Air network.

“These new aircraft create additional capacity for Amazon Air, building on the investment in our Prime Free One-Day program,” said Dave Clark, Senior Vice President of Worldwide Operations at Amazon. “By 2021, Amazon Air will have a portfolio of 70 aircraft flying in our dedicated air network.”

“We’re delighted to support Amazon Air’s dedicated air network,” said Richard Greener, GECAS Cargo’s Senior Vice President. “The capability of the 737-800 freighter will further Amazon’s ability to provide reliable and regional delivery to its customers for years to come.”
Old 06-19-2019, 12:10 PM   #688
binaryhermit
Grand Sorcerer
binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4, Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Is that the plane with the well documented habit of suddenly ceasing to be able to fly while in the air, with catastrophic consequences
binaryhermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 12:39 PM   #689
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryhermit View Post
Is that the plane with the well documented habit of suddenly ceasing to be able to fly while in the air, with catastrophic consequences
No. That was the 737 MAX. BTW, Boeing just sold another 200 737 MAXs in the first sales of that model since the two crashes.

And "well document habit of suddenly ceasing to be able to fly while in the air"? More like Boeing's selling the 737 MAX under the promise that no retraining for pilots used to flying older 737 models was needed. As the two crashes showed, the pilots were not familiar with some of the new automated features which, hopefully, would have been covered in a retraining course.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 12:50 PM   #690
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryhermit View Post
No, these are older models in the 737 line.