Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-17-2019, 08:01 AM   #1
gogu1904
Connoisseur
gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One LE
Replace titlepage.xhtml

Hello,

In order to have the cover image scaled on the full screen of the device without scaling the actual image, I would like Calibre to use by default my own version of the titlepage.xhtml file in all conversions done.

How can I do this? Or how can I otherwise achieve the same thing?

Thank you!
gogu1904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 08:24 PM   #2
lumpynose
Wizard
lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm Pilot M105
See this thread and the comments from Turtle91 about using an SVG container.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=319808
lumpynose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 09:26 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
the default svg template does do full screen images and you can control whether it preserves aspect ratio or not via settings.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 02:20 PM   #4
gogu1904
Connoisseur
gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you both. I was reading an epub in KOReader and I got the cover rendered unscaled. And I imagined it was calibre's fault. But calibre reader renders the cover correctly. So it appears to be KOReader's fault.
Old 05-18-2019, 03:14 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by gogu1904 View Post
Thank you both. I was reading an epub in KOReader and I got the cover rendered unscaled. And I imagined it was calibre's fault. But calibre reader renders the cover correctly. So it appears to be KOReader's fault.
Maybe not
IIRC The default Cover setting is per format

Preferences: Conversion: <format>: <settings that affect covers>
The Above is for New devices.

Once a device (driver) has been used, calibre stores it as it was at the time.
Connect your device, then on the device icon (only shows when connected): Configure driver. Make the changes THERE
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 04:18 AM   #6
gogu1904
Connoisseur

I generate the cover with Calibre default procedure, at a size of 600x800. The cover has text-only metadata - author, title, series - formatted in my own preferred way.

The output profile is set to tablet, to avoid further scaling.

The default titlepage.xhtml I am using uses this svg sequence:

<svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink" version="1.1" width="100%" height="100%" viewBox="0 0 600 800" preserveAspectRatio="none">
<image width="600" height="800" xlink:href="cover.jpeg"/>
</svg>

I would prefer a way to have the cover scaled by the epub reader without specifying a specific size within this svg sequence.
Old 05-19-2019, 04:46 AM   #7
gogu1904
Connoisseur

I mean, I would like to have the cover image set to 600x800 and the ebook reader do the image scaling to its own display size.
Old 05-19-2019, 10:24 AM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
The thing with that code that leaps out: jpeg
Covers in the Calibre Library bear name (cover.jpg), and are embedded that way if you have calibre add/update the jacket.

IF you block that action, you probably broke the link

I prefer a maintained aspect (preserveAspectRatio="xMidYMid meet"), but the width="100%" height="100%" part makes it scale to the screen
(the default Calibre jacket, 'just works'. If it does't, then something is wrong 1)your manual code has errors. 2) The device folk 'know better' and override the code.)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 10:55 AM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
the size in the svg is meaningless. it simply sets up the correspondence between the image and the svg viewport. The image will still be scaled byt he reader to fit th escreen
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 02:38 PM   #10
lumpynose
Wizard
lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm Pilot M105
On my todo list to read: https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/SVG
lumpynose is offline   Reply With Quote