Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-03-2018, 10:52 PM   #121
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
Thankfully I have had no issues with the update. Love the in book clock
!
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 04:30 PM   #122
janrey
Groupie
janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamP View Post
Increased Battery drain since applying the Firmware update

An update on this topic.
Having gotten rid of the book which refused to index, the battery on my well-used 6th Gen PW is still draining much faster than before (whilst being used with the same settings & for the same amount of time per day as before).

I repeated the check for un-indexed books & there were none.
Have you tried a full reboot? I had issues with the previous update that corrected after I did a reboot.
janrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-06-2018, 08:08 AM   #123
oblox
Zealot
oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (7th Gen)
Has anyone else noticed folders appearing in their documents folder based upon their read books? They are completely empty but are created in the name of the read book.
oblox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 08:11 AM   #124
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by oblox View Post
Has anyone else noticed folders appearing in their documents folder based upon their read books? They are completely empty but are created in the name of the read book.
Every book will have a folder associated with it. It's where auxiliary files associated with the book are stored (annotations, etc.).
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 10:04 AM   #125
oblox
Zealot
oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Every book will have a folder associated with it. It's where auxiliary files associated with the book are stored (annotations, etc.).
Yes I know that but they used to be created inside the main folder the book files were stored in.
Advert
Old 03-06-2018, 10:10 AM   #126
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Yes I know that but they used to be created inside the main folder the book files were stored in.
The documents folder is the main folder to put ebooks in on a Kindle. You have to put them in there, even though you are allowed to put them in subfolders inside documents.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 10:54 AM   #127
JimmyR
ɴₐɴ
JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV PW4 PW3 PW2
Quote:
Yes. I've been wondering about that myself. These are different than the normal sidecar folders which reside in the same directory as the book file. The folder name is based on the metadata title name and not the filename. For me, they are created when opening a book for the first time. It only happens for two or three of my books.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PW3_1.JPG
Views:	258
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	162676   Click image for larger version

Name:	PW3_2.JPG
Views:	253
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	162677  
JimmyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 12:13 PM   #128
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Tried opening a couple of books. On my Kindle, it was downloading/converting to kfx, it seems and putting the kfx in the main documents directory? Doesn't seem to affect DRM-free sideloaded content.

Last edited by ilovejedd; 03-06-2018 at 12:17 PM.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 02:57 AM   #129
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
Tried opening a couple of books. On my Kindle, it was downloading/converting to kfx, it seems and putting the kfx in the main documents directory? Doesn't seem to affect DRM-free sideloaded content.
That would explain why I'm not seeing it - all my content is sideloaded.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 03:34 AM   #130
JimmyR
ɴₐɴ
JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV PW4 PW3 PW2
All my content is sideloaded as well via Calibre. No KFX format files in the lot.

Edit: These folders so far have remained empty.

Last edited by JimmyR; 03-07-2018 at 03:37 AM.
JimmyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 04:15 AM   #131
oblox
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyR View Post
All my content is sideloaded as well via Calibre. No KFX format files in the lot.

Edit: These folders so far have remained empty.
Yes all mine is sideloaded too and all folders are empty.
Old 03-08-2018, 11:23 AM   #132
Ned
Ebook reader
Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O (ed 2, v1), Kobo Forma, Kobo Libra 2
Just installed this update and got the (very small) clock showing.
Seems a big update for just a clock and a couple of mods to search, but I assume Amazon knows what it's doing.
Clock may be a bit too small to be useful - will have to see how it goes.
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 04:01 AM   #133
SonDan1
Connoisseur
SonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it is

Device: Nook 1, Aluratek Libre Pro,Kobo Wi-Fi, Samsung Galaxy Tab, KoboT, NST
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shad Plante View Post
I'm glad they put the option in Display Settings. I'm not sure I would want it on all the time, part of what is so good about the eInk Kindles is not having so many distractions. But it will be nice to turn it on in the mornings when I get on our exercise bike and prop the Kindle up on the little shelf that puts it in front of the bike display. Having the toggle in Display Settings will make it easy enough to turn on and off.
I think I have been through every settings menu and can not seem to find Display Settins. Please assist. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk
SonDan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 07:43 AM   #134
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonDan1 View Post
I think I have been through every settings menu and can not seem to find Display Settins. Please assist. Thanks.
Display settings is the Aa menu, 3rd tab "reading settings" has the clock.

Last edited by DuckieTigger; 03-11-2018 at 07:45 AM.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 10:45 PM   #135
SamP
SamP began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by janrey View Post
Have you tried a full reboot? I had issues with the previous update that corrected after I did a reboot.
Sorry for the delay in responding.

Yes. I had to do a reboot recently when my PW locked up.

Now that you have raised this, I think it may well have fixed the rapid battery drain problem because it doesn't seem to be happening now.

Thanks very much for your help with this.

SamP
SamP is offline   Reply With Quote