Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-06-2013, 12:10 PM   #1
gavinjb
Connoisseur
gavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle
Help with writing a plugboard

Hi,

I am trying to write a plugboard Template for Titles on sending to my Kindle, but having problems getting it to work, what I am trying to get is

Title ( Series, Book {bookNum} )

So for example Rage of the a Demon King would appear as
Rage of a Demon King (The Serpent War Saga, Book 3)

What I have tried is {title} ({series}{, Book series_index}, but the syntax is wrong somewhere

I also want to make sure that if the book doesn't have a series it would only have the Title on my Kindle.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Gavin,
gavinjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 12:37 PM   #2
gavinjb
Connoisseur
gavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle
After a bit more swearing and some more playing finally got it to work

The syntax is
{title}{series:0>1s| (|}{series_index:0>1s|, Book |)}
gavinjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2013, 08:15 PM   #3
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
You could shorten it to: {title}{series:| (|, }{series_index:|Book |)}

The 0>1s part says format with leading zeros, to have a minimum width of 1, of type string. You got this from the calibre manual for the template language? If so, they used this here (with a 3 not a 1) to make sure series displays as 001, 002, 003, ... , 009, 010, 011, etc.

The template language is a bit hard to understand, but this is what's happening. And you could just let it default to always displaying everything, by just not including that chunk. Or leave it alone because it still works, albeit in a visually confusing manner.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote