Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-17-2009, 09:18 AM   #1
mtnmedic
Enthusiast
mtnmedic has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: iPad 64GB WiFi + 3G, Astak EZ Reader
Fry's now has the Sony PRS-505 for $249.99 through 7/23

I was at the Roseville, CA store a few days ago and I noticed they had a large number of 505s in a stack (normally I see a handful on the shelf), so I figured they were probably going to discontinue or have a big sale with them.

Seems I was right...
mtnmedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 11:11 AM   #2
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
Only in stores though. The've removed them from the website, and if you do manage to pull up the item page (which really isn't difficult, if you use search) it shows that it only available for sale in store.

I wish I had a Fry's near me. Closest one is about 270 miles away.
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-18-2009, 07:20 AM   #3
boadiccea
boadiccea began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505 (Silver)
My boyfriend was able to order one at 5pm eastern time last night, so I don't think it is just in stores....?

I notice they say "Same Day Shipping" on the item's page as well.

Just thought I'd mention it.
boadiccea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 09:55 AM   #4
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hmm, I looked the other night and the option to order online was no longer linked, and it said it was unavailable online. I guess they just were out of stock and have some more in now.
Old 07-18-2009, 10:50 AM   #5
Abecedary
Exwyzeeologist
Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: :PRS-505::iPod touch:
Yep, looks like they do indeed have them online.

Silver

Blue

Red
Abecedary is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-18-2009, 06:54 PM   #6
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
I'm so tempted to pick up a second 505. Must resist, must resist.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 10:35 PM   #7
danwdoo
Groupie
danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Does anyone think they will offer any kind of refresh on the 505 this fall (aka 510?? =). I will be buying two for Christmas this year but was not sure if I should get them on this sale now instead of waiting until later. I'm more interested in features than price so that has been the main reason I'm waiting so far just in case they do update it.

Danny
danwdoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 08:11 PM   #8
Hellmark
Wizard

Yeah, I ordered a blue one yesterday. I've been wanting the blue, but most of the places with good deals on them have had the silvers only, pretty much.
Old 07-19-2009, 08:12 PM   #9
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellmark View Post
Yeah, I ordered a blue one yesterday. I've been wanting the blue, but most of the places with good deals on them have had the silvers only, pretty much.
I own the blue and it's beautiful.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 08:21 PM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by danwdoo View Post
Does anyone think they will offer any kind of refresh on the 505 this fall (aka 510?? =). I will be buying two for Christmas this year but was not sure if I should get them on this sale now instead of waiting until later. I'm more interested in features than price so that has been the main reason I'm waiting so far just in case they do update it.

Danny
There are rumors of new Reader(s) coming out from Sony before Christmas. So I would wait and see if they are true and if so, what these devices are like. Might even be a larger screen device.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 08:33 PM   #11
Hellmark
Wizard

They might have a 5" and/or a 10" come out. Pure speculation, but that seems to be the trend from other companies.
Old 07-20-2009, 07:52 AM   #12
pagansoul
Fanatic
pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone5, iPad Gen3, Kobo, Kindle Fire, Kobo Vox. Samsung Galaxy Tab 7
The site list ebook readers

http://shop3.frys.com/search?query_s...s=1&x=161&y=23

ASTAK EB-16EZ @ 299.00
Sony PRS-505 @ 249.99
Sony PRS-700BC @ 349.99
ECTACO Jetbook JB5BK-EN @ 249.99
pagansoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 10:15 AM   #13
danwdoo
Groupie
danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
I think for me the 6" is the perfect size. I was just wondering if they might update the screen (faster refresh, more grayscale) or other small updates. Since I don't need it before Christmas, I'll go ahead and wait then.

Danny
danwdoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 01:35 PM   #14
Hellmark
Wizard

Well, like i said before, when I looked the other day, they didn't show the 505 as available on the website. I guess they got a new stock of them in, because they're back up. I ordered one saturday night.
Old 07-20-2009, 06:58 PM   #15
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by pagansoul View Post
The site list ebook readers

http://shop3.frys.com/search?query_s...s=1&x=161&y=23

ASTAK EB-16EZ @ 299.00
Sony PRS-505 @ 249.99
Sony PRS-700BC @ 349.99
ECTACO Jetbook JB5BK-EN @ 249.99

BBB has the Jetbook on sale for $199, and with free shipping.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote