Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-19-2018, 05:37 AM   #1
cutedrake
cutedrake began at the beginning.

Device: smartphone,laptop
Calibre reading ebook on convertible laptop

Hi. I have an HP x360 laptop which is convertible with a touch-screen, meaning it can be transformed into a tablet just by "moving" the keyboard part "behind" the screen.
In such configuration, if I read an ebook with calibre viewer in full screen mode, there is no way to get out of full screen mode, closing the ebook, having access to the "right-click" mouse menu etc. I did not find an option to let the menu to be displayed in full screen mode, which would be a work-around.
So did I miss any option to be able to print the "right-click" menu by clicking the touch-screen or displaying the main menu to the left when switching in full-screen/tablet mode? Could these features be added on a wish-list/to-do list if it's not yet the case?
Otherwise the calibre management and its reading module is a joy to use, particularly for linux users (which I am).

Eric
cutedrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 07:05 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The right click menu is accessible via long tap. However, I dont think touch gestures work under linux only windows. It needs somebody with the linux hardware to add support for it (see viewer/gestures.py) in the calibre source code.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
full screen, laptop