Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-14-2018, 04:03 PM   #1
sits
sits began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H20
Setting top margin of Kobo Aura h20

Hello everyone, I was hoping to get some advice on how to proceed. I have a kobo Aura h20 which has developed a band of dead pixels at the top of the screen.The band is about 2 cm tall and extends right across the entire screen.
The screen is still responsive to touch as I can trigger the menu options along the top (even though I can't see them, the dead pixels are just white).

wht I'd like to do is modify the code the set a top margin of 2cm or so. The current software version is 4.6.10075.
Cheers.
sits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 04:46 AM   #2
cramoisi
Librarian
cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: kobo gloHD - KA1
for books, you have the option of using a system wide css which would be append to the book's css when sending it to the reader with calibre.

For menu, I'm not sure something can be done, but you could perhaps tinker with this : https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh....php?p=3330140
cramoisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-17-2018, 06:33 AM   #3
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by cramoisi View Post
for books, you have the option of using a system wide css which would be append to the book's css when sending it to the reader with calibre.
This only works for ePub books, as @page isn't recognised by the KePub reader:
Code:
@page { margin-top: 2cm; }
For DRM-free ePubs you can set up Calibre to add this to each book as it is sent to the device (edit: by creating a file named "kobo_extra.css" in the root directory of the device that contains the @page style above, and changing the built-in KoboTouch plugin to enable the "Modify CSS" option), or you can patch the firmware to achieve the same effect with a modification of the `ePub fixed top/bottom margins` patch, which works with DRM ePubs also. (I can help with this if you want to go this way.)

However this only affects the margins for the book content, it has no effect on the menus' and popups' placement, so I don't know if it is really of much use to the OP.

Last edited by GeoffR; 05-17-2018 at 07:08 AM. Reason: ... by creating a file named "kobo_extra.css" in the root directory ...
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hack, header, margins, pixels