Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 01-27-2018, 01:43 PM   #1
Mivey
Mivey began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura ONE
Kobo: Adding pdfs without them getting scanned by Nickel

So, hello Mobileread peeps. Been lurking around here, googling for solutions for various issues and questions I had. Very useful site.
Now, this is a small thing that has been irking me, and I tried to search for it, and couldn't find anything. If this has been answered, then I'm sorry and would be grateful for a link.

I keep adding pdfs to my eReader, which I read exclusively with koreader (the inbuilt pdf reader is ... not very good). However, they keep cluttering the Nickel list of books on the device, as it scans everything I add over USB.
So is there someway of putting stuff from my PC to my Kobo, such that I can read them in koreader, but Nickel doesn't "see" them. Some directory, perhaps that isn't scanned? I thought about changing file endings, but I don't know if that would also mess with koreader.
Mivey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 02:02 PM   #2
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Just put them in a folder/directory that has a name that starts with a period/dot, such as .PDFs or .Library. You can make such a folder, in Windows by Naming it with a period before and after the name like: .Books. , the dot after the name will disappear leaving you with .Books, the files and subfolders you put into that folder will not be processed by Kobo. KOReader and coolreader can be set to read such "hidden" files.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2018, 02:58 PM   #3
Mivey
Mivey began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura ONE
Wizard, indeed.
Thanks, Ken. That did exactly what I wanted.
Mivey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 11:45 PM   #4
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
Just put them in a folder/directory that has a name that starts with a period/dot, such as .PDFs or .Library. You can make such a folder, in Windows by Naming it with a period before and after the name like: .Books. , the dot after the name will disappear leaving you with .Books, the files and subfolders you put into that folder will not be processed by Kobo. KOReader and coolreader can be set to read such "hidden" files.

Luck;
Ken
A good tip, Ken, thank you. I will try it for Kindle PW3 where I have a similar problem.
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 05:02 AM   #5
toodeeptofind
toodeeptofind began at the beginning.

Device: kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post

Luck;
Ken
Thank you!
toodeeptofind is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert