Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 01-08-2018, 12:30 PM   #7906
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
Well, I shouldn't have checked this update, that's a fairly big spoiler for me.

I may need to abandon this thread till I finish catching up.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 12:39 PM   #7907
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool I've repaired the post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazrin View Post
Well, I shouldn't have checked this update, that's a fairly big spoiler for me.

I may need to abandon this thread till I finish catching up.
You are quite correct and I've repaired the post!

Last edited by alansplace; 01-08-2018 at 05:59 PM.
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-09-2018, 12:35 PM   #7908
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool Review : Changes (The Dresden Files #12) by Jim Butcher

Changes (The Dresden Files #12) by Jim Butcher

Changes, book twelve of The Dresden Files by #1 New York Times bestselling author Jim Butcher, returns us to the world of one Harry Dresden, wizarding private eye. In his life, Harry has faced down ghouls and faeries, vampires and werewolves, demons and nightmares from beyond mortal ken—and didn’t bat an eye. However, nothing could have prepared him for what awaits him in Changes.

Susan Rodriguez, Harry’s former lover, disappeared from his life after she fell victim to one of his enemies and her soul became trapped between her humanity and the bloodlust of a Red Court vampire. Now, she’s forcing herself back into his life, bearing disturbing news. For Susan has a secret . . . Complete review HERE!

Last edited by alansplace; 01-09-2018 at 12:45 PM.
Old 01-11-2018, 11:09 PM   #7909
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool The Dresden Files Book List

I put this together for reference (any corrections or omissions are welcome)

Spoiler:

A Fistful of Warlocks...(will appear in Brief Cases)
A Restoration of Faith...(appeared in Side Jobs)
Book 1 - Storm Front
Book 2 - Fool Moon
B is for Bigfoot...(appeared in Working for Bigfoot & will appear in Brief Cases)
Book 3 - Grave Peril
Book 4 - Summer Knight
Book 5 - Death Masks
Vignette...(appeared in Side Jobs)
Book 6 - Blood Rites
Book 7 - Dead Beat
I was a Teenage Bigfoot...(appeared in Working for Bigfoot & will appear in Brief Cases)
Something Borrowed...(appeared in Side Jobs)
Book 8 - Proven Guilty
Book 9 - White Night
It's My Birthday Too...(appeared in Side Jobs)
Heorot...(appeared in Side Jobs)
Book 10 - Small Favor
Day Off...(appeared in Side Jobs)
Backup (Novella)...(appeared in Side Jobs)
The Warrior...(appeared in Side Jobs)
Last Call...(appeared in Side Jobs)
Love Hurts...(appeared in Side Jobs)
Curses (novella)...(will appear in Brief Cases)
AAAA Wizardry...(will appear in Brief Cases)
Book 11 - Turn Coat
Even Hand...(will appear in Brief Cases)
Bigfoot on Campus...(appeared in Working for Bigfoot & will appear in Brief Cases)
Book 12 - Changes
Aftermath...(appeared in Side Jobs)
Book 12.1 - Side Jobs - a collection of short stories *
Book 12.2 - Working for Bigfoot - a collection of short stories **
Book 13 - Ghost Story
Bombshells...(will appear in Brief Cases)
Book 14 - Cold Days
Cold Case...(will appear in Brief Cases)
Book 15 - Skin Game
Jury Duty...(will appear in Brief Cases)
Day One...(will appear in Brief Cases)
Zoo Day (Novella)
Book 15.1 - Brief Cases - a collection of short stories ***
Book 16 - Peace Talks (no release date yet)
Book 17 - Mirror Mirror (no release date yet)
Book 18 - TBD
Book 19 - TBD
Book 20 - TBD
**end of case type books**
Book 21 - apocalyptic trilogy #1 - Hells Bells (no release date yet)
Book 22 - apocalyptic trilogy #2 - Stars and Stones (no release date yet)
Book 23 - apocalyptic trilogy #3 - Empty Night (no release date yet)

* Stories in Side Jobs

“Restoration of Faith” (read it for free on Jim-Butcher.com!)
Takes place before Storm Front

“Vignette” (read it for free on Jim-Butcher.com!)
Takes place between Death Masks and Blood Rites

“Something Borrowed” — from My Big Fat Supernatural Wedding, edited by P.N. Elrod
Sinister forces interfere with Billy and Georgia’s wedding.
Takes place between Dead Beat and Proven Guilty.

“It’s My Birthday Too” — from Many Bloody Returns, edited by Charlaine Harris
Harry and Molly’s mission to deliver Thomas’ birthday gift goes awry.
Takes place between White Night and Small Favor.

“Heorot” — from My Big Fat Supernatural Honeymoon, edited by P.N. Elrod
Harry teams up with Miss Gard to find a missing bride.
Takes place between White Night and Small Favor

“Day Off” — from Blood Lite, edited by Kevin J Anderson
All Harry wants is a quiet, relaxing day off…
Takes place between Small Favor and Turn Coat.

"Backup" — novelette from Thomas’ POV, originally published by Subterranean Press
Harry is being used by an ancient evil, and Thomas must put a stop to it without him noticing.
Takes place between Small Favor and Turn Coat
Note: Side Jobs does NOT include the illustrations by Mike Mignola that accompanied the Subterranean Press release.

"The Warrior" — novelette from Mean Streets
Reveals what happens to the Carpenter family after the events of Small Favor.

“Last Call” — from Strange Brew, edited by P.N. Elrod
Harry takes on the darkest of dark powers–the ones who dare to mess with this favorite beer.

“Love Hurts” — from Songs of Love and Death, edited by George R. R. Martin and Gardner Dozois
Harry and Murphy investigate a series of love spells with deadly consequences.
Takes place between Turn Coat and Changes.

"Aftermath" — post-Changes novelette from Murphy’s POV, EXCLUSIVE to this anthology!

**Stories in Working for Bigfoot

“B is for Bigfoot” — from Under My Hat: Tales From the Cauldron, edited by Jonathan Strahan. Will be published in Brief Cases.
Takes place between Fool Moon and Grave Peril.

“I Was A Teenage Bigfoot” — from Blood Lite 3: Aftertaste, edited by Kevin J. Anderson. Will be published in Brief Cases.
Takes place circa Dead Beat.

“Bigfoot on Campus” — from Hex Appeal, edited by P.N. Elrod. Will be published in Brief Cases.

*** Will be included in Brief Cases

“Curses” — from The Naked City, edited by Ellen Datlow
Takes place between Small Favor and Turn Coat.

“AAAA Wizardry” — from the Dresden Files RPG, published by Evil Hat
Harry teaches a group of young Wardens his procedure for dealing with supernatural nasties.

“Even Hand” — originally from Dark and Stormy Knights, edited by Pat Elrod. Reprinted in Beyond the Pale, edited by Henry Herz.
Gentleman Johnnie Marcone clashes with a rival supernatural power. Told from Marcone’s point of view.

“B is for Bigfoot” — from Under My Hat: Tales From the Cauldron, edited by Jonathan Strahan. Republished in Working for Bigfoot.
Takes place between Fool Moon and Grave Peril.

“I Was A Teenage Bigfoot” — from Blood Lite 3: Aftertaste, edited by Kevin J. Anderson. Republished in Working for Bigfoot.
Takes place circa Dead Beat.

“Bigfoot on Campus” — from Hex Appeal, edited by P.N. Elrod. Republished in Working for Bigfoot.

“Bombshells” — Molly-POV novella from Dangerous Women, edited by George R. R. Martin and Gardner Duzois.
Molly teams up with Justine and Andi to thwart a Fomor plot.
Takes place between Ghost Story and Cold Days.

“Jury Duty” — short story for Unbound, edited by Shawn Speakman.
Harry endures Jury Duty.
Set after Skin Game.

“Cold Case” — short story from Shadowed Souls, edited by Jim Butcher and Kerrie Hughes.
In Molly’s first job in her new role, she teams up with Ramirez to take on a Lovecraft-esque cult.
Takes place shortly after Cold Days.

“Day One” — short story for Unfettered II, edited by Shawn Speakman.
Butters’ first mission.
Set after Skin Game.

“A Fistful of Warlocks” — short story for Straight Outta Tombstone, edited by David Boop.
Luccio takes on necromancers in the Wild West.
Set long before the events of the series.

“Zoo Day” - Exclusive bonus novella for Brief Cases. A Rashomon-style story that chronicles a family trip to the zoo from Harry, Maggie, and Mouse’s points of view.
Set after Skin Game.

Last edited by alansplace; 01-14-2018 at 12:53 PM. Reason: Add information
Old 01-11-2018, 11:54 PM   #7910
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Everything in Brief Cases has a known location chronologically. Maybe they should be mixed in in the rest of the stories? With A Fistful of Warlocks coming as very first before A Restoration of Faith.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-12-2018, 12:04 AM   #7911
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool The Dresden Files Book List

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
Everything in Brief Cases has a known location chronologically. Maybe they should be mixed in in the rest of the stories? With A Fistful of Warlocks coming as very first before A Restoration of Faith.
Yep, with the proper information they could be added to the main list just like the Side Jobs stories are. Good idea.

Added suggested content to the original!

Last edited by alansplace; 01-12-2018 at 06:57 PM. Reason: Add information
Old 01-13-2018, 12:14 PM   #7912
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Episode 219 | Author Stories at Dragon Con – Jim Butcher Q&A Panel

Episode 219 | Author Stories at Dragon Con – Jim Butcher Q&A Panel
By: Hank
On: September 7, 2017
In: Dragon Con 2017, Featured, Podcast

Podcast: Play in new window (The actual Q&A begins 6 minutes and 15 seconds into the recording)

Last edited by alansplace; 01-13-2018 at 01:32 PM. Reason: Add Information
Old 01-13-2018, 12:41 PM   #7913
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
Yep, with the proper information they could be added to the main list just like the Side Jobs stories are. Good idea.

Added suggested content to the original!

Most, if not all, were already added here as they were released.

I'll have to go through the list, add any that are missing, and indicate that they will be available in Brief Case.

Give me a couple of days to get it sorted.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 01:16 PM   #7914
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
Most, if not all, were already added here as they were released.

I'll have to go through the list, add any that are missing, and indicate that they will be available in Brief Case.

Give me a couple of days to get it sorted.
Okay, maybe not a few days... Please let me know if I missed anything or need to make any corrections.

Chronological Order for Novels & Short Stories
Old 01-13-2018, 03:51 PM   #7915
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
There is also the short story collection Working For Bigfoot.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 07:04 PM   #7916
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
That is the one that consists of:
  1. B is for Bigfoot
  2. I was a Teenage Bigfoot
  3. Bigfoot on Campus

It wasn't specifically mentioned that it was republished together. (Alan mentions it, Nyssa doesn't)

Last edited by DuckieTigger; 01-13-2018 at 07:07 PM.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 07:14 AM   #7917
Nyssa
Series Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
That is the one that consists of:
  1. B is for Bigfoot
  2. I was a Teenage Bigfoot
  3. Bigfoot on Campus

It wasn't specifically mentioned that it was republished together. (Alan mentions it, Nyssa doesn't)
I can add it if you think it'll be helpful. I'll need the release date, please.
Old 01-14-2018, 07:30 AM   #7918
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Amazon says June 30, 2015.

https://www.amazon.com/Working-Bigfo...5932560&sr=8-1

I'll be reading Brief Cases, I've read Working for Bigfoot. I've read some of Butcher's other short stories. I'm going to need a cross reference to prevent rereads.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 08:36 AM   #7919
Nyssa
Series Addict

Quote:
Done!
Old 01-14-2018, 08:40 AM   #7920
Nyssa
Series Addict

Link & Look at Chronological Order for Novels & Short Stories

Chronological Order for Novels & Short Stories

Spoiler:

0.5(a) "A Fistful of Warlocks" (short story) - Brief Cases [2018 June 5]
0.5(b) "A Restoration of Faith" (short story) - Side Jobs [2010 October 26]
1 Storm Front [2000 November 6]
2 Fool Moon [2008 July 1]
2.5 "B is for Bigfoot" (short story) - Under My Hat: Tales From the Cauldron [2012 August 28]; Working for Bigfoot [2015 June 30] & Brief Cases [2018 June 5]
3 Grave Peril [2008 November 4]
4 Summer Knight [2009 July 7]
5 Death Masks [2009 November 3]
5.5 "Publicity and Advertising" (but called "Vignette") - Side Jobs [2010 October 26]
6 Blood Rites [2010 July 5]
7 Dead Beat [2005 May 3]
7.5(a) "I Was a Teenage Bigfoot" (short story) - Blood Lite 3: Aftertaste [2012 May 29]; Working for Bigfoot [2015 June 30] & Brief Cases [2018 June 5]
7.5(b) "Something Borrowed" (short story) - My Big Fat Supernatural Wedding (October 3, 2006) & Side Jobs [2010 October 26]
8 Proven Guilty [2006 May 2]
9 White Night [2007 April 3]
9.5(a) "It's My Birthday, Too" (short story) - Many Bloody Returns (September 4, 2007) & Side Jobs [2010 October 26]
9.5(b) "Heorot" (short story) - My Big Fat Supernatural Honeymoon (December 26, 2007) & Side Jobs [2010 October 26]
10 Small Favor [2008 April 1]
10.5(a) "Harry's Day Off" (short story) - Blood Lite (October 21, 2008) & Called "Day Off" in Side Jobs [2010 October 26]
10.5(b) "Backup" (novelette) - Side Jobs [2010 October 26]
10.5(c) "The Warrior" (short story) - Mean Streets (January 6, 2009) & Side Jobs [2010 October 26]
10.5(d) "Curses" (short story) - Naked City: Tales of Urban Fantasy [2011 July 5] & Brief Cases [2018 June 5]
10.5(e)"AAAA Wizardry" (short story) - Volume Two: Our World of The Dresden Files Roleplaying Game [2010 June 15] & Brief Cases [2018 June 5]
10.5(f)"Last Call" (short story) - Strange Brew (July 7, 2009) & Side Jobs [2010 October 26]
11 Turn Coat [2009 April 7]
11.5(a) "Love Hurts" - Songs of Love and Death (November 16, 2010) & Side Jobs [2010 October 26]
11.5(b) "Bigfoot on Campus" - Hex Appeal [2012 June 5]; Working for Bigfoot [2015 June 30] & Brief Case [2018 June 5]
11.5(c) "Even Hand" - Dark and Stormy Knights [2010 July 20] & Brief Case [2018 June 5]
12 Changes [2010 April 6]
12.25 - Side Jobs - a collection of short stories
12.5 "Aftermath" - Side Jobs [2010 October 26]
13 Ghost Story [2011 July 26]
13.5 "Bombshells" (short story) - Dangerous Women [2013 December 3]; Brief Cases [2018 June 5]
14 Cold Days [2012 November 27]
14.5 "Cold Case" (short story) - Brief Cases [2018 June 5]
15 Skin Game [2014 May 27]
15.25 - Brief Cases - a collection of short stories
15.5(a) "Jury Duty" (short story) - Brief Cases [2018 June 5]
15.5(b) "Day One" (short story) - Brief Cases [2018 June 5]
[I]15.5(c) Zoo Day (Novella)
16 Peace Talks [to be announced]
17 Mirror Mirror [to be announced]

***Bonus***
Here is a Dresden Files: Series Timeline found on Jim Butcher's site. Thank you, Alan, for pointing it out!!

Happy reading!

Tags
fantasy series, magic, supernatural, the dresden files, urban fantasy