Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 05-16-2018, 12:00 PM   #1
LordP
Connoisseur
LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Boox Note add fonts - a newbie question

I have searched the internet and found a Youtube video that says how to add fonts to a Boox Note but it's in Chinese - not helpful to me.

Anyway, I'm looking to add some fonts and found this in the manual:

11.5 How to add fonts
Users can download fonts online, then copy the fonts to the folder /fonts; Users can select the installed fonts when reading.

My question is simple - where the heck is the /fonts folder?

Also, can I sideload fonts if I ever find that folder? I imagine yes, but.....

Thank you.
LordP is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-16-2018, 01:44 PM   #2
Question Mark
Guru
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura, KA1, Onyx Max
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordP View Post
My question is simple - where the heck is the /fonts folder?

Also, can I sideload fonts if I ever find that folder? I imagine yes, but.....

Thank you.
From your home screen, tap on the storage icon at the bottom of the page.

Then, tap on "sdcard" folder. Navigate to the "Fonts" folder.

Haven't sideloaded any fonts to my Note yet, but have previously done so for my Max1 without incident so it should work.
Question Mark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 02:18 PM   #3
LordP
Connoisseur
LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for the reply but I don't have a Fonts folder in "sdcard" - that's the first place I looked.

Since I have a slew of fonts based on Arabic, Armenian, Balinese etc. I assumed the folder was somehow hidden.

Should I create a new "Fonts" folder? I'd like to access wherever those existing fonts are so I can delete them.

Thanks again.
Old 05-16-2018, 02:24 PM   #4
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Look in .system/fonts folders beginning with a . are not normally visible.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 02:29 PM   #5
LordP
Connoisseur

@DaleDe

How do I make .xxx folders visible? I'm using Windows 10. I have all the hidden functions in "Folder Options" enabled (unhidden).

Thanks.

Last edited by LordP; 05-16-2018 at 02:30 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 05-16-2018, 03:00 PM   #6
cqman
Connoisseur
cqman has become one with the cosmoscqman has become one with the cosmoscqman has become one with the cosmoscqman has become one with the cosmoscqman has become one with the cosmoscqman has become one with the cosmoscqman has become one with the cosmoscqman has become one with the cosmoscqman has become one with the cosmoscqman has become one with the cosmoscqman has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle DXG, Onyx Boox Max1, Max2
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordP View Post
Should I create a new "Fonts" folder? I'd like to access wherever those existing fonts are so I can delete them.

Thanks again.
Create one.
cqman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 03:00 PM   #7
Question Mark
Guru
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura, KA1, Onyx Max
With the FX file explorer app which I installed on my Note, I can go into the system folder and look around. There certainly is a font folder there filled with a myriad of fonts. However, because my device is not rooted I can't make any changes to any of the files/folders in the system folder.

I also cannot access the system folders/files when hooked up to a Windows 7 computer despite having the show hidden files and folders checked.

The Fonts folder which shows up in the sdcard folder which I access via the storage icon on the homescreen is empty. Haven't tried sideloading any fonts yet to see what will happen.
Question Mark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 03:06 PM   #8
LordP
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Question Mark View Post
The Fonts folder which shows up in the sdcard folder which I access via the storage icon on the homescreen is empty. Haven't tried sideloading any fonts yet to see what will happen.
Interesting. I simply do not have that folder.

I'll do what cqman said, I'll create one.

Speaking of "root", I have read of ways of rooting other Boox units, are any of these methods useful with the Note?

Thanks again.
Old 05-16-2018, 03:15 PM   #9
LordP
Connoisseur

That worked!

I created a folder but I had to reboot in order to see it in Windows 10.

I was able to change the font on a book I was reading.

Great, thanks again.