Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 04-01-2018, 12:51 PM   #1
babygyrl
babygyrl began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy J7
Cannot group by "read" status?

I like to group by "read" status, so I only see the books I haven't read, and then syncing with calibre to remove the read books so I only have unread books in my app. Today, I opened the app to find that I can no longer group by "read" status. When I open the grouping drawer and click on the "read" bar, it doesn't give me the <>; yes; and no subdrawers. I have tried closing the app and restarting it, I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but the problem persists.

Attached is a screenshot to show what I mean.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180401-094204.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	107.0 KB
ID:	163206  
babygyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 04:57 AM   #2
chaley
CC Android & calibre dev
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Many android devices
I don't know what might be going wrong. Send me a CC debug log as described in the FAQ How do I get help? I don't need the calibre debug log.

One question: by any chance did you change the lookup name of the Read column in calibre? If you did then CC won't show any data because it will be looking for the wrong column.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 09:09 AM   #3
babygyrl

No, I didn't change anything within calibre. I just sent you are but report.
Old 04-02-2018, 10:20 AM   #4
chaley
CC Android & calibre dev
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Many android devices
The log shows that the "Is Read" category is not in the database, which is strange. It is like something erased all the data. Did the problem start after you did that massive update using the cloud connection?

I suggest you try the following:
  1. Connect to calibre as a wireless device. Let the sync finish. This will ensure that CC knows about the columns in your library, and that it has the data for those columns.
  2. Disconnect. Check if grouping on Is Read works now.
  3. If it doesn't work, go to CC's Settings / Grouping Drawer / Group/sort on custom columns. If "Is Read" is not checked then check it and tap OK. Let the "database upgrade" finish then see if grouping works. If "Is Read" is checked then uncheck it, tap OK, let the database upgrade finish, then re-check it.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 10:57 AM   #5
babygyrl

Yes, thank you, that worked. Somehow the settings got changed and the "read" column wasn't checked in the sort by custom column.