Notices

Old 04-06-2019, 07:49 AM   #1
Snowmister
Snowmister began at the beginning.

Device: NOOK BNTV450
Basic NOOK Functionality

**Update: See fixes on reply below**

Hi!

I am having several issues, so if anyone can help with ANY of them it would be much appreciated. I am not very technologically challenged, so the Nook has some serious, serious issues with user-friendliness.

Issue #1: I have read that Nooks support PDFs, so I tried transferring some PDFs from my computer to the Nook, but there is no place to transfer them. There is no folder called "Library" or "Books" or "Documents" or anything of the sort.

Issue #2: Even if there were those folders, the storage is full, and I have no idea why. There are 0 bytes free. I have moved 8/11 books to my micro SD card (those have since disappeared completely), and deleted all apps except the official pre-loaded B&N apps, but still completely full.

Issue #3: I tried utilizing the micro SD card functionality, so I added some PDFs and EPUBs to the micro SD card from my PC. That worked, so I loaded the micro SD card into the Nook, and nothing is showing up anywhere in My Library or My Files. When I go to "Manage Storage", I see "Move to SD Card", and "Move from SD Card", but the "Move from SD Card" is empty. Neither .pdf or .epub are showing up, and the books I used the "Move to SD Card" have disappeared too.

Issue #4: It refuses to connect to the internet. I have tried all 13 troubleshooting techniques for this listed on B&N website, with the exception of updating the software. I cannot update the software without connecting to the internet.

I read the manual that was pre-loaded on the device, and it is worthless. It looks like it isn't even written for my version. The instructions don't work for my device.

I poked around the device settings and made sure all options were selected for enabling PDFs, sideloading, and the like.

If anyone has any advice on how I can actually use this thing, that would be much, much appreciated. Thank you!

Last edited by Snowmister; 04-06-2019 at 02:28 PM.
Snowmister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 01:02 PM   #2
Snowmister
Snowmister began at the beginning.

Device: NOOK BNTV450
Update: I was able to mostly fix these problems eventually.

Fix for Issue #1: I created a folder called "NOOK" and brought PDFs into there. They then automatically appeared on the device.

Fix for Issue #2: Factory reset.

Fix for Issue #3: I created a folder in the micro SD card called "NOOK" and brought items in there. When I plugged the SD card into the tablet, they automatically appeared in the library. I didn't need to go into storage management.

Fix for Issue #4: Factory reset. (I assume a network reset would also have worked).

I hope this helps anyone else who encounters similar issues!

Last edited by Snowmister; 04-06-2019 at 01:30 PM.
Snowmister is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
nook, pdf, troubleshooting