Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 02-08-2017, 06:08 PM   #1
bookiebabe
bookiebabe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookiebabe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookiebabe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookiebabe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookiebabe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookiebabe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookiebabe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookiebabe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookiebabe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookiebabe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookiebabe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ASUS Zenpad
Calibre plus Moon + Reader Pro - How to Make Calibre Library Sync to My Shelf?

Hi all!

I'm an ebook Calibre mangment junkie, but missing necessary tech gene needed for this stuff. Hoping someone has simple suggestion for my issue.

I've got a new Asus Zenpad, and trying to get my Moon+Reader Pro (or FB Reader Premium) to display my whole Calibre library on "My Shelf", so I can browse for next read by book covers.

I managed to get my Calibre synced with Dropbox, and tie it to my Moon+Reader, so now my whole Calibre library is accessible from my tablet, but only in 'Calibre' folder format, with folders for each author. No matter what I do, i can't make 'My Shelf' in Moon+Reader see the library. I have an enormous slew of books, so really can't imagine the time it would take to 'send to device' all of my books to get them on tablet.

I tried pasting my whole existing Calibre library into External SD card, figuring even though it wouldn't sync to Calibre, at least I'd see my library to date displayed on My Shelf in Moon, but it didn't work.

I DO have enough storage, both internal memory on my tablet, and external SD card, to fit my whole library, but still can't make it display on My Shelf.

Do I need Calibre Companion here, or what? I don't really care what program i use to do it, but somehow need to 'view' by book cover my whole calibre library from my tablet, be able to select book, and open in a reader program. My Calibre is successfully synced to both Dropbox and Googledrive.

Does anyone by chance have idiot proof instructions on how to make this happen? My guy and I have been searching net for days... can't come up with a solution.

Thanks so much for anyone who can assist!

Rachel
bookiebabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 06:35 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Calibre Companion can be used to access the replica of your library you have on Dropbox, but not Google Drive.

First see this ==>> I am getting errors with my calibre library on a networked drive/NAS?. Cloud storage services like DropBox, OneDrive etc are effectively networked drives - so care is needed. And as you'll read there Google Drive and calibre are incompatible.

Then see this ==>> Calibre Companion - Cloud Connection

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 09:13 PM   #3
bookiebabe
bookiebabe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookiebabe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookiebabe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookiebabe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookiebabe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookiebabe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookiebabe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookiebabe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookiebabe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookiebabe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookiebabe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ASUS Zenpad
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Calibre Companion can be used to access the replica of your library you have on Dropbox, but not Google Drive.

First see this ==>> I am getting errors with my calibre library on a networked drive/NAS?. Cloud storage services like DropBox, OneDrive etc are effectively networked drives - so care is needed. And as you'll read there Google Drive and calibre are incompatible.

Then see this ==>> Calibre Companion - Cloud Connection

BR
Wow, BetterRed, thanks so much for heads up! Had no clue I could inadvertently corrupt my Calibre library by syncing it to google drive. I've disconnected google drive drive from sync with my dropbox / Calibre library, so hopefully I'm safe.

Have downloaded Calibre Companion to help with my 'bookshelf' issue.... still no resolution, but at least am currently able to view files in Calibre, though there's really no satisfying way to 'browse' my library on device, yet. Have given my guy your links, so he can bone up. Hopefully we'll figure out what we're doing wrong.

Thank you!
bookiebabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 01:37 AM   #4
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookiebabe View Post
Hi all!

I'm an ebook Calibre mangment junkie, but missing necessary tech gene needed for this stuff. Hoping someone has simple suggestion for my issue.

I've got a new Asus Zenpad, and trying to get my Moon+Reader Pro (or FB Reader Premium) to display my whole Calibre library on "My Shelf", so I can browse for next read by book covers.

I managed to get my Calibre synced with Dropbox, and tie it to my Moon+Reader, so now my whole Calibre library is accessible from my tablet, but only in 'Calibre' folder format, with folders for each author. No matter what I do, i can't make 'My Shelf' in Moon+Reader see the library. I have an enormous slew of books, so really can't imagine the time it would take to 'send to device' all of my books to get them on tablet.

I tried pasting my whole existing Calibre library into External SD card, figuring even though it wouldn't sync to Calibre, at least I'd see my library to date displayed on My Shelf in Moon, but it didn't work.

I DO have enough storage, both internal memory on my tablet, and external SD card, to fit my whole library, but still can't make it display on My Shelf.

Do I need Calibre Companion here, or what? I don't really care what program i use to do it, but somehow need to 'view' by book cover my whole calibre library from my tablet, be able to select book, and open in a reader program. My Calibre is successfully synced to both Dropbox and Googledrive.

Does anyone by chance have idiot proof instructions on how to make this happen? My guy and I have been searching net for days... can't come up with a solution.

Thanks so much for anyone who can assist!

Rachel
i dont use " my shelf" i just go to "my files" view instead, which can be set to show any folder( as a list)
"my shelf" has a few quirks but I am pretty sure you can go to moon preferences and set it to auto add books from a specific folder location ( like your SD card)

calibre companion can do the job also, and has its own sub forum for help
other readers with the "shelf" concept are Aldiko, Bookari, they both have free trial versions.
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 02:37 AM   #5
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
Have you copied your library to an sd card and inserted that into the tablet?
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 02:47 AM   #6
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Once that is done
in Moon reader tap the three lines hamburger icon, top left, then tap options, bottom left. , set the my shelf folder location to be where you put the ilibrary copy. That should work

Last edited by stumped; 02-09-2017 at 02:49 AM.
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
book cover, calibre, dropbox, moon+reader, my shelf