Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-17-2019, 06:52 AM   #1
doongar
doongar began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Amazon Kindle Voyage Repair Code: 2

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, I'm new to this site. I just purchased a Kindle Voyage for a good price at goodwill, I have 2 day from now to return it if I cannot make it work. I can solder wires if need be.

Upon turning it on I am presented with this screen after awhile in a boot loop...

devicesupport Repair Code:2
Version:3243010037

I read about a method in which a file is added to the root directory "DO_FACTORY_RESTORE" I have done this without a file extension, and have had no luck with this.

My goal is to get it up and running, I am fine with jailbreaking it if need be, and in the worst case scenario if dismantling it and soldering some wires allows me to get this running I too am fine with that. I just want to know what steps to take now to get this device functioning as it seems to me that all of the hardware is fine...
doongar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 07:23 AM   #2
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
Try to put the firmware update file
https://s3.amazonaws.com/firmwaredow...age_5.11.2.bin
to the usb root of the device and to reboot it.
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2019, 08:30 AM   #3
doongar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hius07 View Post
Try to put the firmware update file
https://s3.amazonaws.com/firmwaredow...age_5.11.2.bin
to the usb root of the device and to reboot it.
I'll give this a try, should I remove the DO_FACTORY_RESTORE file from root when I do this?
Old 06-17-2019, 08:35 AM   #4
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by doongar View Post
I'll give this a try, should I remove the DO_FACTORY_RESTORE file from root when I do this?
Yes, remove it.
I do not like DO_FACTORY_RESTORE method at all, as often usb-root becomes unaccessable after it.
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 09:13 AM   #5
doongar

Okay that file is now the only one on the usb drive that shows up through windows... it seems like the device is still in a bootloop....
Advert
Old 06-17-2019, 10:23 AM   #6
doongar

I disconnected the battery and put it back in to see if that does anything, if not.... I'll wire it up to access it through serial and hopefully I can do something there. Looks clean on the inside, but that doesn't mean nothing is faulty..
Old 06-17-2019, 10:59 AM   #7
doongar

Disconnecting and reconnecting the battery made no difference, I'll begin wiring it up for serial, hopefully there is something I can do from the terminal... if anybody knows anything or can give me a hint at where to start I would appreciate it.
Old 06-17-2019, 12:02 PM   #8
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
The serial debricking threads should be mostly accurate for a KV . (One of which is linked to in the "Open Sesame" sticky, under a "hardware modification" entry).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 12:20 PM   #9
doongar

Actually I've realized the device is 1.8v and I will need to purchase a usb to uart these seem to be more than I want to put in on this device, and... to hack something together to use the serial interface is a little difficult too; may take me more time than I wish... so unless I can fix this in a less invasive way I will have to return it.. as I have too many projects at the moment.