Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 05-05-2021, 02:41 PM   #571
capink
Evangelist
capink knows more than wikipediacapink knows more than wikipediacapink knows more than wikipediacapink knows more than wikipediacapink knows more than wikipediacapink knows more than wikipediacapink knows more than wikipediacapink knows more than wikipediacapink knows more than wikipediacapink knows more than wikipediacapink knows more than wikipedia

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerDad91016 View Post
Updated the Action Chains plugin to version 1.8.4 and now Calibre will not start. I get the startup banner, then the main window flashes briefly and closes. I don't see any tasks in taskmanager either.

When I run Calibre in Debug (calibre-debug -g 1>> log.txt 2>&1), I get the following error in the log file...

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.action_chains.events.base", line 49, in run
File "calibre_plugins.action_chains.events.event_tools" , line 43, in __init__
KeyError: 'event_members'

Running Calibre v5.17 64-bit on Windows 10

Was working fine prior to the latest update
I uploaded a new version that should fix this problem. You can get it directly from the first post or wait until calibre announces the update (will take calibre nearly an hour from now). Please report back on how it works for you.

This problem happens when you add an event with no chains attached to it. The problem was always there and not related to the latest release.
capink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 03:01 PM   #572
SoccerDad91016
SoccerDad91016 began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Nova 3, Samsung Galaxy Tab S4, and Samsung Galaxy Tab A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by capink View Post
I uploaded a new version that should fix this problem. You can get it directly from the first post or wait until calibre announces the update (will take calibre nearly an hour from now). Please report back on how it works for you.

This problem happens when you add an event with no chains attached to it. The problem was always there and not related to the latest release.
Thank you for the quick fix!

Not sure why the previous version was more forgiving, haven't changed any of the chains I have for a few weeks.

Everything is working again!
SoccerDad91016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:19 PM   #573
phossler
Guru
phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Does this work with the Editor?

I installed it and worked through some very simple examples

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...01&postcount=1

What I'd really like to do is be able to chain a number of my canned "Saved Searches", but the Action Chains PI only seems to handle metadata (as far as I can see)

Is there a way to chain editor actions (esp. Saved Searches)?
phossler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:50 PM   #574
chaley
Grumpy old git
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Reader
If by "editor" you mean the calibre book editor, then I strongly suspect that the PI can't and won't be able help you. It can launch the calibre editor, but because the editor isn't part of the standard GUI, Action Chains can't "talk" to it once it is running.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:12 PM   #575
phossler
Guru
phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
If by "editor" you mean the calibre book editor, then I strongly suspect that the PI can't and won't be able help you. It can launch the calibre editor, but because the editor isn't part of the standard GUI, Action Chains can't "talk" to it once it is running.
Yes, I did mean the calibre book editor, I wasn't specific enough

and

Yes, I sort of suspected that the PI was limited to the main GUI since I couldn't make it 'visible' when editing a epub file

Darn
phossler is offline   Reply With Quote