Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-14-2013, 08:20 PM   #1
Illyrie
Illyrie began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Tag Issues and a Goodreads Idea

So, an issue that I am continually running across is that when I download the metadata for a book, the tags are often quite useless. Downloading from Amazon, Goodreads, and FictionDB will often get me a book with tags like: General Fiction, Contemporary.

When I look at the Top 100 Shelves on Goodreads, the book is shelved as follows: General Fiction, Contemporary, Southern, Paranormal, Police, Angst, Adventure, Coming of Age. Which is a much more useful set of tags.

Is there any way to easily add the shelves as tags? Maybe a plugin, or a feature on GR that I don't know about? I know that the GR Plugin can do tag stuff, but that seems to be only with YOUR tags. I really don't want to have to go to every book I own and add in every tag by hand.

I'm just looking for the most time efficient and least labor intensive way to manage tagging.

Any ideas? What's your process? Tell me how you like to tag!
Illyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:22 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Look at the Goodreads:

Metadata Plugin https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=130638

Sync Plugin https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=123281
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:47 PM   #3
Illyrie
Illyrie began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Yup, I have those. Unfortunately, none of them address the tag issue. Perhaps I should have posted this as a suggestion in one of the plugin threads.
Illyrie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
goodreads, tagging