Notices

Old 04-24-2009, 06:30 AM   #1
Sbilf
Sbilf is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony PRS 700
PRS 700 how to edit an lrf/epub?

Hello all,

my name is Max

(about me: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45306)

I would to know the best way to create and edit an LRF or EpUB file. My best wish is to repalce almost all of my paper documents with e-paper to read in my Sony PRS 700 that "follow" me anywhere (light and in pocket format) .

Simple example: a phone book. As multimedia and .NET programmer I'm starting in xhtml to create a simple "Table of content" (A link to a.html, B link to b.html etc. etc) and convert it by Calibre and exporting in LRF. When I open it in my e-book device, only one page is displayed (the page "a.html") and no the main index (table of content).

The code (very simple):

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" >
<head>
<title>Table of Content</title>
</head>

<body>
<h2>
Agenda</h2>
<p>
<a href="a.html">A</a></p>
<p>
<a href="b.html">B</a></p>
<h2>Zabanooba</h2>

</body>
</html>

Where my mistake? Do you know other solution to do this?

Yes, I've read some tips, but no good result. If you know some good link to read a tutorial to start, please "tell" me.

Thanks, Max.
Sbilf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 05:20 PM   #2
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
well considering xhtml is what Epub is, you should grab and Epub here, and unzip it (change the extension to zip) and look through it, that should teach you more about epub than reading a manual if you are a programmer
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-25-2009, 04:16 AM   #3
Sbilf
Sbilf is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony PRS 700
Thank you Andybaby for the reply,

I'll follow your tips.

Ciao, Max.
Sbilf is offline   Reply With Quote