Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 06-07-2017, 05:55 PM   #1
PapaKilo
Connoisseur
PapaKilo began at the beginning.

Device: Android, kindle
Change size of toolbar

Is it possible to change the size of the Clips toolbar?

It seems to be fixed at some arbitrary length and I would like it to be the width of the window.

PapaKilo
PapaKilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 06:55 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaKilo View Post
Is it possible to change the size of the Clips toolbar?
Dunno, but what you can do is, drag the clips toolbar to the left or right edge, so that it's vertical.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 06-07-2017 at 06:58 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-07-2017, 07:20 PM   #3
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
The toolbars aren't resizable. They take up as much space as they have available in that row/column. However... if you drag the Clips (or any) toolbar into its own row (or column), it will span the entire width (or height) of the Sigil window. At least it does for me.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 10:39 PM   #4
PapaKilo
Connoisseur
PapaKilo began at the beginning.

Device: Android, kindle
Apparently, the ClipBar only allows twenty items.

I guess I should amend my question to ask if there is any way to expand the number of items listed in the ClipBar.
PapaKilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 11:26 PM   #5
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaKilo View Post
Apparently, the ClipBar only allows twenty items.

I guess I should amend my question to ask if there is any way to expand the number of items listed in the ClipBar.
I'll have to look and see if the 20 item limit is hard-coded somewhere. QToolbar automatically adds the extension button for overflow items (shrink the Sigil Window and you'll see it), so it doesn't really make sense for it to cap out at 20 when that overflow feature is already built-in.
Advert
Old 06-08-2017, 12:04 AM   #6
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Unfortunately, 20 is a hard limit at the moment.

The clips toolbar is mainly to allow you quickly access your most popular clips, and to be able to assign keyboard shortcuts to them. You can still utilize an extensive clips library, but 20 is all you can add to the toolbar and assign keyboard shortcuts to.
Old 06-08-2017, 12:30 AM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I use the right click, context menu for all cips
the top 10 (most used) of my clips show on the toolbar (just insert a Group (nests the next clips)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 10:21 PM   #8
JustinThought
Groupie
JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Tab-3 7"
Oh, wow. There's a clips toolbar? I guess I'm going to have to put the clip I use into that.
JustinThought is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
toolbar