Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 02-14-2017, 07:48 AM   #1
tas03
Zealot
tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.

Device: Nook Glowlight +, Nook Tab. , Nook Simple Touch, iPad Air, iPhone 6Se
Book appearing not on Glowlight Plus after adding

I am having the same trouble as erin.fordahl. I added three books by the same author to the GLP using Calibre. Only 2 of them show up in My Files even though Calibre says all three are there. I have removed and added the book a couple of times. I converted it epub to epub. I removed it completely from Calibre and readded it them sent it to the GLP again. It did show up briefly last night in New and Recent on the home page but after I read a while on the book I am currently reading, it was not there any longer.

The book does show up in the Books section with the notation it needs to be downloaded, but I had wanted it in the My Files section so it could be removed upon completion since the memory on the GLP cannot be expanded.

It also shows up in the correct place with the other two on my Simple Touch. It is just not working on the GLP for some reason.

I was wondering if copying it from the Calibre library to the desktop and from there to the GLP might be a possibility, or perhaps from the Simple Touch to the desktop.

Thanks for any ideas.
tas03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 09:54 AM   #2
tas03
Zealot
tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.

I looked into the files on the GLP. The epub for the missing book is present in the My Files.
Advert
Old 02-15-2017, 06:24 AM   #3
tas03
Zealot

I went through and checked all the books listed as being on the GLP in My Files to see if they are actually on the device. There are 27 books in the My Files folder that do not show up on the device itself.
Old 06-29-2017, 07:48 AM   #4
sososimps
sososimps began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus and Mac computer
FYI I had this problem too. It was easily rectified (once I figured it out) by using android file transfer app to edit the names of the books. Apparently Nook doesn't like apostrophes in the titles. Once I deleted all the punctuation in the book names they instantly appeared on my Nook. And it doesn't change the names of the books on your Nook, so you don't have to be annoyed by misspelled words.
sososimps is offline   Reply With Quote