Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 07-02-2013, 08:41 AM   #16
SBT
Fanatic
SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-t1, tablet, Nook Simple, assorted kindles, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyGrumpy View Post
arghhh. Pasting the link into the address bar gives me a "bad image stack path" error.
Just this once I think Vista will get off free from blame Just don't get me started on IE...
I think you might have missed the complete link (easily done). You probably pasted something like
Code:
http://ia600306.us.archive.org/BookReader/BookReaderImages.php?
which is all you can actually see in the info box. You need to capture the entire link (use SHIFT+arrowDown or CTRL+A or something akin) till you get something like
Code:
http://ia600306.us.archive.org/BookReader/BookReaderImages.php?zip=/30/items/blackrobe03coll/blackrobe03coll_jp2.zip&file=blackrobe03coll_jp2/blackrobe03coll_0006.jp2&scale=2&rotate=0
SBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 02:50 AM   #17
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...
GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, ADE on PC
Thank you, SBT, that got it. (And I was all roused up for some Vista-bashing!)
GrannyGrump is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-03-2013, 03:10 AM   #18
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
@grannyGrumpy: Thanks, I've looked at them and the forum, but am still feeling a bit overwhelmed - though I did spend some time on one one image this afternoon, and though it still needs some work it's a lot better than the original.

@SBT: Thanks so much - detailed explanations like that are just what I need. I'll print out your post and keep it in front of me. I think you'd make a lot of people happy if you did an ebook on fixing up images.

@AlicePattinson: Yes, I agree - I changed the image I worked on to grey-scale, but I'm not quite sure how I did it.
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 04:56 AM   #19
SBT
Fanatic
SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-t1, tablet, Nook Simple, assorted kindles, iPad
Thanks for the positive feedback. I've expanded the post with some screendumps, elaborated a tiny bit and corrected a couple of mistakes. Just keep the feedback coming, and we'll probably be able to whip the step-by-step guide into something that's worthy of putting into the wiki.
SBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:20 PM   #20
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBT View Post
Thanks for the positive feedback. I've expanded the post with some screendumps, elaborated a tiny bit and corrected a couple of mistakes. Just keep the feedback coming, and we'll probably be able to whip the step-by-step guide into something that's worthy of putting into the wiki.
You're very welcome. I've done work with your first post, and worked out a couple of variations which I'll report on after I've checked the update.

Just for your information: I've tried 'right click and open in a new tab' on Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari, and SeaMonkey. The only one which works as you described is Chrome. The others won't open the image in a new tab, or (Safari) won't allow me to change the scale.

Also, as a pedantic detail, in Chrome it shows as 'scale=4' in Chrome and Safari. I changed it to scale=1 as in your earlier post.

Edit: I just checked out your earlier post. Powerful stuff. I'll download it to read at my leisure.

Last edited by AlexBell; 07-03-2013 at 07:26 PM. Reason: Add information
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert