Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 01-24-2011, 07:27 AM   #1
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Unofficial a2sd Firmware Patch for IQ, V2.03 & V2.04

From the German forum via Google translate:
http://translate.google.com/translat...ostcount%3D869

Also, the patch enables superuser so root explorer can be used to fake 2.2 at app install time and get some 2.2 apps to run:
http://translate.google.com/translat...ostcount%3D931

Adobe Reader and Aldiko 2.0 are known to run this way.

Just spreading gossip here.

Last edited by fjtorres; 01-24-2011 at 07:34 AM.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 09:23 AM   #2
hiaig
Addict
hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: jetbook and PocketBook IQ
Hi fjtorres,

As this is an "unofficial patch", is it any different from Coredump-EE're repacks?

Cheers
hiaig is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-25-2011, 10:33 AM   #3
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
It installs on *top* of the official release and patches it rather than replacing it like Coredump-EE's tour-de-force.
It also doesn't remove the PB Apps or install added apps beyond app2sd.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 05:30 PM   #4
paww
Connoisseur
paww began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook IQ 701
Doesn't appear to work with modified version.
paww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 05:46 PM   #5
RD996S
RD996S began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook IQ, 603 & Bebook mini
It does, but you will have to install it twice. Since the experimental repack already has a2sd installed, the first time it will uninstall / disable (not sure which one) a2sd. The 2nd time it will be installed.....
RD996S is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2011, 09:46 PM   #6
MmavisO
Seeker
MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus TF, PB 360, Jetbook Lite
I put on version 2.04 without putting 2.03 on first. I don't see a2sd, all I see is Superuser. Is there something else I'm supposed to do to get a2sd working? Or should I have put 2.03 on first?
MmavisO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 09:54 PM   #7
hiaig
Addict
hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: jetbook and PocketBook IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by MmavisO View Post
I put on version 2.04 without putting 2.03 on first. I don't see a2sd, all I see is Superuser. Is there something else I'm supposed to do to get a2sd working? Or should I have put 2.03 on first?
You don't actually see "a2sd" on the screen.

You can download an app like quick setting to see your storage space. If a2sd was installed correctly, you should have a lot of space left.

Cheers
hiaig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 12:18 PM   #8
MmavisO
Seeker
MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus TF, PB 360, Jetbook Lite
Thank you! My lack of skills can't handle rooting at this time, but at least now I can have most of the apps I want without running out of space.
MmavisO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 03:40 AM   #9
pippopelo
Connoisseur
pippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kindle 4th, Paperwhite 5th, Paperwhite 10th
I have 2.05 firmware, can I use the Unofficial Patch v2.04 on it?
pippopelo is offline   Reply With Quote