Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-24-2011, 06:45 AM   #1
nadid
nadid began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Calibre as a service in a linux server without QT4

Hi,

Is there a way to send the rss without having the computer on? (i mean a service or something that uses the engine of calibre). I've wanted to port calibre without dependencies of qt4 but seams a quest to heavy to realize for me. (the objective was to create a service installable in linux that works as a daemon and uses the calibre engine) but doesn't need to have X or Qt at all installed

Thanks
nadid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 06:56 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
I believe that you can run without X, but not without Qt4. The Qt libraries are used internally by Calibre to handle rendering in various places as I understand it - not just for GUI purposes.

Depending on what your exact requirement is, you might want to look at the Calibre command line options to see if you can achieve what you desire using those facilities?
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-24-2011, 09:43 AM   #3
nadid

Well, i've tried to install the calibre software in a server and it complained with qt4, but didn't try just installing the libs. i will , thank you.

Where can i get the required libraries of calibre? (i mean the list of required libraries)
Old 01-24-2011, 04:07 PM   #4
nadid

Oh, i have debian lenny and seams quite hard to install on it ( i dont want to break the server ) I guess i must stick in my windows loading on start
Old 01-25-2011, 12:00 AM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadid View Post
Oh, i have debian lenny and seams quite hard to install on it ( i dont want to break the server ) I guess i must stick in my windows loading on start
Here is a discussion on loading the server on boot in Windows.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert