Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-12-2017, 04:36 AM   #1
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Question prime reading - limited to amazon devices only ?

I am currently reading a loan from prime reading, on my Fire HDX, but when I tried to continue it on my other tablet, in the kindle for Android app, it was not downloadable - and the deliver to options in my manage content and devices for that book are showing that it can only go to my amazon fire & kindles. Others are greyed out.

my question is, is this the case for ALL prime reading books or have I just happened to pick one that is only in KFX

last time I used Kindle unlimited I could read those loans on anything, even in K for PC. and I thought prime reading was supposed to operate as a subset of that , with the same up to 10 at once rule?

( unlike the Kindle Owners Lending Library which I know is 1 per month and to amazon devices only.)

The specific prime book I am reading is The Relic Hunters by David Leadbetter.
from Amazon UK
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 05:03 AM   #2
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
The listing for that book does not show any device restrictions. Perhaps the book was borrowed via KOLL instead of Prime Reading.

You should be able to tell by looking at your Manage Your Content and Devices page on amazon.co.uk and checking the badge shown after the book title. There are different ones for each loan type.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 06:25 AM   #3
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
ah- my mistake i think - i thought I'd found it in prime reading but no,re cheking via the web page I see that it's from KOLL which is amazon devices only - that explains it
checking from within the android Kindle app - it's confusing , as that app behaves as if the book does not exist.

for completeness I'd best go get something from prime reading , just to confirm what that will download to

FYI I switch between tablets part way thorough a book if a battery is running low - so at any time there's one device that I am reading on, & one on charge. one is an amazon tablet, the other is a Samsung, with the Kindle app
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote