Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 08-10-2017, 09:20 AM   #1
Amaru
Amaru began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Changing filename on device?

Hi,

I have a mess of files and try to get order in it, removed some duplicates and now I want to rename some documents that have wrong titles. But as far as I could see, neither the Kindle PW nor Calibre has a renaming option. I also used the search function but all I could find is to copy the document into the library, rename it and copy it back to the device and remove the old one.

Thats kinda cumbersome, is there an easier way to do it?

best regards
Amaru
Amaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 11:21 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Moderator Notice
Moved thread. Editor is for the (book) code edit unction

If the PW is like the K4, the metadata internal to the book needs updating.

You workflow is curious. Most start with the book in Calibre, Fix the metadata, then Send to Device (USB) or e-mail to my Kindle (account).
If the book needs further (code) updates, use 'the Editor' for AZW3
Note that your way of copying FROM the device, will fail for newer Kindle Formats that ONLY get sent to devices. (Get and use Kindle for PC for books to add to Calibre Library )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote