Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-18-2017, 04:02 PM   #31
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
I think the fact that the Voyage has the lights on the bottom, makes a big difference. The lighting difference may show up as you go further down the page .... but not at the end and beginning of every line. That's harder to adjust to. (I haven't seen an Oasis, but that's why I haven't tried harder.)
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 05:06 PM   #32
Wearever
Wizard
Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2,Voyage, Kindlle hdx 8.9, Ipad mini 4. Air 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
I think the fact that the Voyage has the lights on the bottom, makes a big difference. The lighting difference may show up as you go further down the page .... but not at the end and beginning of every line. That's harder to adjust to. (I haven't seen an Oasis, but that's why I haven't tried harder.)
That's true, I know it was noticeable on the Oasis I saw, but each device may be different. I do agree that would be harder for me to adjust to the scalloped lights than to a slight gradient too.
Wearever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 08:54 PM   #33
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
I've only used the front-light of a Kobo Glo HD and Boyue T62. Both were very even with no color gradient that I could see. Is it my eyes, or are Kindle front-lights more prone to gradients (as compared to a Kobo)?
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 06:13 PM   #34
Wearever
Wizard
Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2,Voyage, Kindlle hdx 8.9, Ipad mini 4. Air 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamaman View Post
I've only used the front-light of a Kobo Glo HD and Boyue T62. Both were very even with no color gradient that I could see. Is it my eyes, or are Kindle front-lights more prone to gradients (as compared to a Kobo)?
I'm not sure, I've never owned a Kobo or Boyue T62. Just kindles so far. I've been lucky with them. Some have not, depends on each person individually.
Wearever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 08:49 AM   #35
favero_
Enthusiast
favero_ began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
If you have some extra money in your account, you can always order it from Amazon, and in case you don't like it return. A whole month to try it is way better than any displaying you'll find in Argo's or Curry's.
favero_ is offline   Reply With Quote