Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 09-07-2012, 05:30 AM   #16
Dmitry Shkarin
Dmitry Shkarin plays well with othersDmitry Shkarin plays well with othersDmitry Shkarin plays well with othersDmitry Shkarin plays well with othersDmitry Shkarin plays well with othersDmitry Shkarin plays well with othersDmitry Shkarin plays well with othersDmitry Shkarin plays well with othersDmitry Shkarin plays well with othersDmitry Shkarin plays well with othersDmitry Shkarin plays well with others

Device: Sony PRS-505, PB360, PB301+, Onyx Boox A62, Nook Color, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsg View Post
I cannot believe this is intended behavior, so i must be doing something wrong. I would appreciate if somebody help me figure out what is going on there.
Directory /mnt/ is intended for mounting external FS only. Writing something in this directory is bad practice.
Dmitry Shkarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 09:10 PM   #17
nsg
nsg began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Directory /mnt/ is intended for mounting external FS only. Writing something in this directory is bad practice.
That is not what i meant. I did not write anything to it. I meant that before dismounting (or, maybe during), it erased the contents of a directory on the OTHER (hosting) computer. And i tried it several times (with less valuable data this time) -- it is pretty consistent.
nsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 06:49 AM   #18
Dmitry Shkarin
Dmitry Shkarin plays well with othersDmitry Shkarin plays well with othersDmitry Shkarin plays well with othersDmitry Shkarin plays well with othersDmitry Shkarin plays well with othersDmitry Shkarin plays well with othersDmitry Shkarin plays well with othersDmitry Shkarin plays well with othersDmitry Shkarin plays well with othersDmitry Shkarin plays well with othersDmitry Shkarin plays well with others

nsg
I can't reproduce and even imagine such a behaviour, but I will insert WiFi disabling before directory removing in next version of otfm.
Old 09-23-2012, 11:14 AM   #19
GerryT
GerryT began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Dear Dmitry, thank you very much for the great OTFM file manager. I enjoy using it.

However, I have an issue with PDFs (most of the files I am using are PDFs). Apparently, there are no file bindings for PDFs. The file manager tellls me that "Nothing to do with file .....pdf". Also, if I choose the option "Set additional file bindings", there are only options for txt, rtf and mobi, but unfortunately not for PDF. Is there any way to open PDFs with the PDF viewer from within OTFM? This would be really helpful. Is there a work around, e.g. editing some configuration file?
GerryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 05:43 AM   #20
Dmitry Shkarin

Quote:
Originally Posted by GerryT View Post
Also, if I choose the option "Set additional file bindings", there are only options for txt, rtf and mobi, but unfortunately not for PDF.
OTFM was written for firmware tuning, for connection with PC etc., but not for replacing main Onyx GUI. Option "Set additional file bindings" changes Onyx GUI behaviour, it does not affect OTFM itself.
Old 09-25-2012, 12:39 PM   #21
GerryT
GerryT began at the beginning.

Dear Dmitry, thank you for your reply. I now understand what the option "set additional file bindings" actually means.

I read from your reply that there is no work-around or preference which allows to open the PDF reader when double-clicking on a PDF in OTFM?

Thanks
GerryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 06:12 AM   #22
Dmitry Shkarin

Quote:
Originally Posted by GerryT View Post
I read from your reply that there is no work-around or preference which allows to open the PDF reader when double-clicking on a PDF in OTFM?
Yes...
Old 11-23-2012, 04:37 AM   #23
Dmitry Shkarin

Slightly changed otfm version is placed at http://rghost.ru/41752495
Screenshot utility (for models without this feature) is placed at http://rghost.ru/41752530
Old 11-23-2012, 02:46 PM   #24
Inemi
Connoisseur
Inemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toys

Device: Boox i62HD
thank you!
can I ask you what is screenshot utility?
Inemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 03:04 PM   #25
Kirith
schoolteacher
Kirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Onyx M92 +i62HD(m)+M92(m)x20+M90x13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inemi View Post
thank you!
can I ask you what is screenshot utility?
Это такая программа что позволяет делать снимки экрана на моделях где нет кнопок регуляции громкости (нажатие которых и приводит к снятию снимка)
This is a program that allows you to take screenshots on the models where there is no volume control keys (pressing of which leads to take of the image)
Kirith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:12 AM   #26
Comandante W
Comandante W began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox i62e
Dmitry,
How exactly to manage this screenshot utility on i62e?
Thanks for your OTFM 6.1!
Comandante W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 10:48 AM   #27
Kirith
schoolteacher
Kirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

You do not. Click on the file. oar and after 1 minute in the internal memory look a file in the folder "screenshots". How many times you have pressed - so many screenshots you have.

Никак. Нажимаете на файл .oar и через 1 минуту во внутренней памяти папка с файлом скриншота. Сколько раз нажмёте - столько и снимков экрана.
Old 09-11-2013, 03:23 PM   #28
medvedev
Connoisseur
medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.

The url to download the otfm is dead.
Does anybody know where to get it?

medvedev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 04:12 PM   #29
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Hi,
You can try this :
Attached Files
File Type: rar otfm_v.0.5.2.rar (716.4 KB, 144 views)
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 04:23 PM   #30
Kirith
schoolteacher

Or try this
Attached Files
File Type: rar otfm_v.0.6.1.rar (763.9 KB, 220 views)