Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-11-2012, 10:11 PM   #16
Fluribus
Guru
Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I just went to the site and saw v5.3 instead of v5.2.
Fluribus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 02:46 AM   #17
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluribus View Post
I just went to the site and saw v5.3 instead of v5.2.
Yep, see post #13.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-12-2012, 02:59 AM   #18
Fluribus
Guru
Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
Yep, see post #13.
That big green box tends to draw my eye and often drowns out the rest of the post.
Fluribus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:35 AM   #19
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
What IS the Differences in Tools 5.1 & 5.2??
According to the release notes:

• Fixed a couple of problems with Topaz decoding
  • Enhanced the logging messages of the tools
  • Added iOS UDID support to the Mac OS X DeDRM AppleScript application
  • Added a feature for Linux users of the Kindle plugin. Now can be run under native Linux calibre, but will pick up the required DRM info from the copy of Wine with Kindle for PC installed. N.B. Python and pycrypto must be installed under Wine for this to work.
  • Fixed a problem with the Kindle plugin under Linux if Wine or python under Wine wasn’t installed. Thanks, DiapDealer!
  • Made the Mac version of the Kindle tools look in an extra location for DeDRM info based on a user report.

So it seems that the changes are mostly to the tools handling Kindle ebooks.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:26 AM   #20
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Since I am a PC user dont look like it effects me WHEW!
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-12-2012, 01:19 PM   #21
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
Since I am a PC user dont look like it effects me WHEW!
Except for that very first bullet point which affects all platforms, you're quite correct.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 12:16 PM   #22
Apprentice Alf
Apprentice Alf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apprentice Alf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apprentice Alf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apprentice Alf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apprentice Alf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apprentice Alf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apprentice Alf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apprentice Alf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apprentice Alf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apprentice Alf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apprentice Alf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Alf has updated the tools again. There are also some new blog posts.
I have fixed a bug in the Macintosh DeDRM application. The new version, 5.3.1, is available from my blog.

This update will only be of interest to Macintosh users who use the DeDRM application instead of the separate calibre plugins, and who need to add in their Barnes & Noble encryption key.

— Alf.
Apprentice Alf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 12:26 PM   #23
ScotiaBurrell
Banned
ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle & little green monster
If you don't use a rss reader and dont' want to start for one blog you can use the website iftt.com to watch alfs website and send you an email (or text message) when it is updated.
ScotiaBurrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 12:35 PM   #24
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I use Mac OS X Mail, so I can subscribe to the comments RSS feed, and the comments appear in a mailbox. So I check the blog every time I check my mail.

This probably explains why so many of the comments there are mine! Although it's nice to see that there are other people helping out as well now.
Old 09-17-2012, 12:52 PM   #25
spindlegirl
Wizard
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra h20, Paperwhite 2017, Phone & Tablet w Moonreader
Thank you!
spindlegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 08:48 AM   #26
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
I frequently use changedetection.com to monitor web site for changes.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:23 PM   #27
NNolan
Compulsive Gadget Geek
NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: One of each, and two in some cases
Bummer, the tools don't recognize Paperwhite serial numbers yet.
NNolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:39 PM   #28
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by NNolan View Post
Yet??
I'd advise keeping your expectations pretty low. There's always the chance that a brand new device just flat-out screws the whole pooch.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:00 PM   #29
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by NNolan View Post
That's odd. I have heard otherwise in another place.
Old 10-04-2012, 06:22 PM   #30
NNolan
Compulsive Gadget Geek
NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: One of each, and two in some cases
Ok, I figured out what was wrong...it doesn't like a cut-and-paste from the Amazon "Manage Your Devices" web page. Removing the embedded spaces in the serial number from within the Configure tool doesn't work; I had to copy it to a text file, remove the spaces there and then copy it into the Configure section of the tool.
NNolan is offline   Reply With Quote