Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 11-11-2022, 11:49 AM   #1
LivresInOz
LivresInOz
LivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: Kobo: Forma + Libra|Galaxy: TAB A7 + Note 8 tablet|Boox: Note Air 2
Question Oops - where are the custom user settings files?

I was mucking around trying to replace the newest version of Koreader with an older one (2021.09).

I replaced everything in
\.adds\koreader\
with what I THOUGHT was the full older version for Kobo, but turned out not to be
(I used the 'code' download on this page).

Foolishly I didn't make a copy of my original set up, but I at least made a copy of the result of the action just described.

So I assume all the customised user files are in that folder (which we will call Folder X).

Then I just deleted everything from \koreader and replaced it again with the latest version.

Of course when I restarted, all my various settings and lists were back to defaults.

No customised program settings, gestures, fave list, folder shorcuts, history (which I use alot)...

That's alot of work to restore manually.

But luckily I still have Folder X, which should have all my customised files.
The only problem is I don't know WHICH files I need to copy over.

Can someone give me a quick run-down of what files/folders store the following:
- Gestures
- Favourites list
- History
- Favourite folders
- Various defaults for the Explorer and reader?

I expect this might help others and me to make a good backup of these files in the future (although I admit, copying EVERYTHING might be just as good!)

Last edited by LivresInOz; 11-11-2022 at 12:19 PM.
LivresInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2022, 01:04 PM   #2
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
.adds/koreader/settings.reader.lua and .adds/koreader/settings/* will have probably just about anything you're looking for.

However, there may have been some data migrations, not sure otoh.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-12-2022, 05:37 AM   #3
LivresInOz
LivresInOz
LivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: Kobo: Forma + Libra|Galaxy: TAB A7 + Note 8 tablet|Boox: Note Air 2
Yes - thanks alot.

In addition, here's some other tips:

1) history.lua

2) Check whether the .old versions of certain config files are your preferred version. Examples:
a) settings.reader.lua vs settings.reader.lua.old
b) gestures.lua vs gestures.lua.old

(My understanding of way to do this is:
- backup [name].lua and delete it
- change the name of [name].lua.old to [name].lua
- restart koreader and check various parameters that are important to you)

Last edited by LivresInOz; 11-12-2022 at 05:59 AM.
LivresInOz is offline   Reply With Quote