Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 10-22-2022, 06:23 AM   #1
pyoupyou
pyoupyou began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook touch lux 623
publish exported html notes as a website.

Hello,

first thank you so much for the "export highlights to html ". I find this option really cute.

Since html is originally a format for websites, why not publishing the notes on the web? I thought there could be a way to do that directly from my reader, but could not find a solution yet.

In waiting for it:

Here is a script I made that use gitlab page, it is to be run on the computer when the device is connected:
https://gitlab.com/mardub/ereader2git
and here is the webpage as a result it is all the notes from one of my devices:
https://mardub.gitlab.io/ereader2git/

Have fun! And if you have other ideas on how to publish html exported notes on the web let me know.
pyoupyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2022, 07:06 AM   #2
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Cool project!

TBH the html export isn't really intended for publishing stuff, as it comes with hardcoded css.

While it is possible to use your own template to change those rules (look at https://github.com/koreader/koreader...plate/note.tpl) it looks like exporting to markdown and then using pandoc to generate the html would get you a bit more flexibility.
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2022, 12:44 PM   #3
pyoupyou
pyoupyou began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook touch lux 623
Hello,

oh did not even see there was css, I thought it was just plain html with no styling. In the spirit of minimalist accessible light technology and web0.

I like it .

I even thought of make a module to have git installed and be able to push from the device itself... but that was beyound my software development skills .
pyoupyou is offline   Reply With Quote