Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 10-26-2015, 03:03 PM   #31
ekbell
Guru
ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadele View Post
Laura Ingalls Wilder 'Little House' series (except for Little House In The Big Woods which I think might be PD).
I was going to say they are in ebook form on Amazon ... and then I remembered I use Amazon.ca
ekbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 03:49 PM   #32
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Ebooks in this series came & went in the Kindle store - I'm assuming they were not legit copies from her estate.
Seeing as the current ones are from Macmillan/TOR and Open Road and the one pwalker mentions was also from Macmillan I'd assume they were legit. I'm assuming that Gates to Witch World disappeared because Macmillan's rights expired. We'll have to hope they work out a new deal or that Open Road picks up the rights to go with the other volumes they hold the rights to.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2015, 05:18 PM   #33
Little.Egret
Wizard
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Fire 2, NOOK ST, Kindle HDX, Fire 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaiwala View Post
Moby Dick, Ulysses, The Traitor Baru Cormorant, Atlantis Gene, Bitterblue, The People of Sparks.
Ulysses (Xist Classics) by James Joyce

Joyce's novel follows the character of Leopold Bloom over the course of one day in 1904. It parallels the epic poem of Odysseus in a stream of consciousness style.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00VAOUHJO/

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00VAOUHJO/
http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00VAOUHJO/
Little.Egret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 06:01 PM   #34
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I've given up on the complete Vlad Taltos series by Steven Brust ever coming out as eBooks. The series was moved to a different publisher and some of the first books are not in eBook and most likely never will be.
Yea, that's one of the more frustrating ones that I'm looking for. What's worse is that Brust is still alive and writing, so given how popular the books were, I can only conclude that the early ones are tied up in a legal dispute.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 07:38 PM   #35
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
You're mistaken in claiming that these are not available as ebooks. Most, if not all, are.
Somebody is not trying very hard. All are available (first two here on Mobileread) and one is free through Kindle Unlimited. Sheesh!!
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2015, 07:50 PM   #36
Wearever
Wizard
Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2,Voyage, Kindlle hdx 8.9, Ipad mini 4. Air 2
I don't think I've given up on these yet, but all the other P.D. James books are in ebook format. I got all her others as they trickled across the pond a few years ago. The two I am waiting for are,

" The Maul and the Pear Tree " by PD James & Thomas A. Critchley
and " In Murderous Company " by PD James

I can buy both hardcover & paperback from Amazon, but no ebook yet. I do the "Tell the Publisher you'd like to see this as a Kindle book " request for both. I'd really like to add these to my ebook collection.
Wearever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 08:58 PM   #37
bfisher
Wizard
bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Galaxy (Aldiko, Kobo app)
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
You can get the audiobook version of Abraham Lincoln: The Prairie Years and the War Years
for only $10.49. That's 44 hours of listening pleasure, whatta deal! And with a rating of 4.6 stars, it's presumably pretty good.

(I've got it, but have yet to cue it up.)
That's a condensed version. It was distilled from 6 volumes down to 800 pages total. I have the original 1926 version of The Prairie Years in two volumes - about 950 pages in total. I'm assuming that in the single volume version that has been boiled down to 250 pages or less. I'd love to have a digital version, but I don't want to lose the flavour of the original.

Sorry, my mistake, that looks look the unabridged version.

Still not what I'm looking for though. I want an unabridged ebook that I can search.

Last edited by bfisher; 10-26-2015 at 10:15 PM.
bfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 11:02 PM   #38
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Emma Lathen's John Thatcher series

R. B. Dominic's (pen name for Emma Lathen, which is itself a pen name for Mary Jane Latsis and Martha Henissart) Ben Safford series

Margot Arnold's Penny Spring/Sir Toby Glendower series

Patricia Moyes' Henry and Emmy Tibbett series

Richard and Frances Lockridge's Mr and Mrs North series (other than Dishonest Murderer)

Michael Pearce's early Mamur Zapt series (the last few have come out in ebook)

Manning Coles' Charles and James Latimer books and The Far Traveller

the rest of Helen Chappell's Hollis Ball/Sam Wescott series

Marvin Albert's Stone Angel series (supposedly coming sometime from Wildside Press - the first one is out, but no more have followed)

the early Andrew Greeley Bishop Blackie books (the beatitudes titles)

William Marshall's Yellowthread street series

Philip MacDonald's books (The Rasp is coming, perhaps the others will soon)

most of Delano Ames' books

Caroline Roe's Isaac of Girona series

and a whole bunch more authors...some of whom have one or two out in ebook, but not all...

Timothy Holme, Charles Goodrum, Kathryn Lasky Knight, Constance and Gwyneth Little, Frank Parrish, Hilary Waugh, James Yaffe, Richard Martin Stern

and Alfred Crosby's The Columbian Exchange
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 03:42 AM   #39
disconnected
Fanatic
disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra, H2O2e2, Clara, Auras, Kindles, Nooks, Sony, iPAQ
I have a pretty long list and it would have been even longer if sufue's post hadn't covered a large part of it.

The Tessa Crichton series by Anne Morice
The Neil Kelly series by S F X Dean
The Colonel Primrose series by Leslie Ford
The Marian Larch series and the Nightingale series by Barbara Paul
The Cassie Swann series by Susan Moody
Most of Marian Babson
Most of Angela Thirkell

I did have Cyril Hare on my list but when Korta posted that 50% Kobo discount for Canada yesterday I took a short trip over the border and there they almost all were – with very low prices and DRM-free too.

I’m mainly left with gaps in otherwise available series –

Lay On, Mac Duff! By Charlotte Armstrong
A Ring of Roses by Christianna Brand
Thinner Than Water, Death of a Minor Character, Woman Slaughter, Sleep of the Unjust , Something Wicked, Root of All Evil, and Smoke Without Fire by Elizabeth Ferrars
Rich, Radiant Slaughter by Orania Papazoglou (Jane Haddam)
Death of My Aunt, Death of His Uncle, and The Cornish Fox by C. H. B. Kitchin
Mrs Malory and the Only Good Lawyer, Mrs Malory: Death Among Friends, Mrs Malory and the Fatal Legacy, Mrs Malory and the Lilies That Fester, Mrs Malory and Death by Water, and Mrs Malory and the Delay of Execution by Hazel Holt
Up and Down and Over and Under by Mat Coward
Death is No Sportsman by Cyril Hare
Murder Machree by Eleanor Boylan
Malice Downstream by Graham Thomas

The past few years have been amazing though; I’ve already amassed more than I’ll be able to read in my lifetime.
disconnected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 06:54 AM   #40
mitford13
Guru
mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air2, Fire HD10, Paperwhite, Kobo App
@disconnected
Wow, those Cyril Hares are a surprise - thanks!
(Flaxborough Chronicles/Faber Finds are also half-price in the Canada sale.)
mitford13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 07:28 AM   #41
PandathePanda
a toy panda
PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Android dvices
The Attack Force Series by Joe Hunter, was originally published by New English Library. NEL was bought, and bought again. If wikipedia is correct Hatchet now owns NEL. Not sure if Hatchet own the right to the books.
PandathePanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 08:31 AM   #42
crossi
Guru
crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Heron Carvic's Miss Seeton cozy mysteries.
Louise Cooper's Time's Master and Chaos Gate triologies
Fool's Run by Patricia Mckillip last published in 1988
David Eddings Elenium and Tamuli series, they keep appearing and disappearing.
The Changeover by Margaret Mahy.
Most of Lisanne Norman's books.
Brother Jonathan and Lifter by Crawford Killian
crossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 09:40 AM   #43
JohnRR
Connoisseur
JohnRR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnRR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnRR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnRR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnRR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnRR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnRR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnRR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnRR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnRR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnRR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
Books by J. D. Salinger
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 09:45 AM   #44
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossi View Post
Fool's Run by Patricia Mckillip last published in 1988
Coincidentally, I picked up a paperback of this from a charity shop for £0.39 last month (and I got Forgotten Beasts of Eld for slightly more on a previous visit), but maybe more relevantly, we do have an ebook of this in the UK. It looks like there's been a lot of McKillip just released or about to be released by SFGateway over here.
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 03:48 PM   #45
crossi
Guru
crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrNefario View Post
Coincidentally, I picked up a paperback of this from a charity shop for £0.39 last month (and I got Forgotten Beasts of Eld for slightly more on a previous visit), but maybe more relevantly, we do have an ebook of this in the UK. It looks like there's been a lot of McKillip just released or about to be released by SFGateway over here.
I love that Fools's Run book but it leaves you wanting to know what happens next. There are a lot of books I want that have been available in the UK for a while but not in the US. I keep thinking of getting a VPN and a UK account at Amazon, but I keep hoping that the books I want will show up here before much longer and waiting.
crossi is offline   Reply With Quote