Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 09-28-2022, 02:08 PM   #1
gorbornor
gorbornor began at the beginning.

Device: none
Typing stops when entering metadata

Hello,

When I go to edit metadata for a new book, calibre prevents me from typing unless I click the field again. For each letter I type of a tag, if it matches any other tag it will stop my typing and push me to select one from the drop down menu unless I re-click the field and then again I can only type on letter. This only just recently started happening and I haven't made any changes recently so i'm not sure what has caused this to happen. I add new books frequently and this is quite an inconvenience.

If anyone has any advice on a fix or what may have caused this, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
gorbornor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 02:27 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
What OS?
What version Calibre?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 06:05 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorbornor View Post
. . .
If anyone has any advice on a fix or what may have caused this, it would be much appreciated.
There are a couple of tweaks that can alter the behaviour of entering certain column types e.g. authors, tags, series etc:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-09-29 065641.jpg
Views:	313
Size:	189.5 KB
ID:	196843

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 10:45 PM   #4
retiredbiker
Addict
retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle KB, Oasis, Ubuntu, Jutoh,Kobo Forma
I had exactly this issue several updates ago using Ubuntu 20.04 - it was on going to Calibre 6.0. Starting Calibre in debug mode was a workaround for a few weeks. Then some update either to Ubuntu or Calibre fixed it.
retiredbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 09:54 PM   #5
gorbornor

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
What OS?
What version Calibre?
Im on pop os, which is an ubuntu based distribution and im running calibre version 6.5
Old 09-29-2022, 09:56 PM   #6
gorbornor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
There are a couple of tweaks that can alter the behaviour of entering certain column types e.g. authors, tags, series etc:

Attachment 196843

BR
Just tried this. Thought the True val for the first option was my issue but unfortunately it was not the solution. Thank you for the suggestion though.
Old 09-29-2022, 09:59 PM   #7
gorbornor

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredbiker View Post
I had exactly this issue several updates ago using Ubuntu 20.04 - it was on going to Calibre 6.0. Starting Calibre in debug mode was a workaround for a few weeks. Then some update either to Ubuntu or Calibre fixed it.
Debug mode does work to temporarily solve the problem. I was having this issue with calibre when i first got it and though that it was just the way the program was, then it went away. I guess this is an issue with some update somewhere like you said. Thank you for the help though, this workaround will do for the time being!
Old 09-29-2022, 11:04 PM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorbornor View Post
Im on pop os, which is an ubuntu based distribution and im running calibre version 6.5
Switch to using X11 instead of Wayland and you will be fine.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote