Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-29-2022, 02:13 PM   #1
Fred95901
Fred95901 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Send to Kindle - no series info

I just used, from Calibre, send to kindle by email and no series info was picked up.
I use this templete - ({series}{series_index:0>2s| | - }{title} - {author}) which has worked for many years.
Now I only get Title and author.

Can you help me with this?

Fred
Fred95901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 07:45 PM   #2
hleo12
Guru
hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo (deceased), Kindle 4th, Kindle Basic 10th Generation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred95901 View Post
I just used, from Calibre, send to kindle by email and no series info was picked up.
I use this templete - ({series}{series_index:0>2s| | - }{title} - {author}) which has worked for many years.
Now I only get Title and author.

Can you help me with this?

Fred
Don't use the send to email function by Calibre. Amazon keeps changing the way they read the metadata from books.

It used to work before because Amazon would directly read the metadata from the book and put it as the title of the document. But now they just base it off the Subject line of the email, which Calibre only puts as 'title-author'.

What I do now is I use the save to disk function (only exporting epubs) and then using their new webpage to send the books.

https://www.amazon.com/sendtokindle
hleo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 08:45 AM   #3
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by hleo12 View Post
Don't use the send to email function by Calibre. Amazon keeps changing the way they read the metadata from books.

What I do now is I use the save to disk function (only exporting epubs) and then using their new webpage to send the books.

Yes, use the Web page via Save to Disk or USB.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 12:10 PM   #4
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5 [bricked], Kindle PW1
It should be possible to create a Calibre plugin that would use the same new API that this "Send to Kindle" Amazon web page uses and thus not have to first export files outside of Calibre library (by using "Save to Disk") and still have correct title and author metadata sent (without user having to manually type-in or copy that info) to Amazon's server... and use metadata plugboards (if that hypothetical new "action" would get added as a type of "device" to be used with metadata plugboard similar to how we now have "send_to_device", "email" and "content_server" as "devices" to be used when creating medadata plugboard rules).

Last edited by shamanNS; 11-30-2022 at 02:38 PM.
shamanNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 03:54 PM   #5
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanNS View Post
It should be possible to create a Calibre plugin that would use the same new API that this "Send to Kindle" Amazon web page uses and thus not have to first export files outside of Calibre library (by using "Save to Disk") and still have correct title and author metadata sent (without user having to manually type-in or copy that info) to Amazon's server... and use metadata plugboards (if that hypothetical new "action" would get added as a type of "device" to be used with metadata plugboard similar to how we now have "send_to_device", "email" and "content_server" as "devices" to be used when creating medadata plugboard rules).
And someone to update it every time Amazon changes something. I'll stick to USB.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 06:58 PM   #6
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5 [bricked], Kindle PW1
@Quoth You seem to be not-so-slowly morphing into @JSWolf type of user.
Both of you are in need to be made to write couple of thousand pages filled with sentences "I'm not the World" & . "Other people have different needs. "
shamanNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 08:36 PM   #7
Gardenman
Wizard
Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350,Nook HD+, Kindle 2nd gen, kindle keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by hleo12 View Post

It used to work before because Amazon would directly read the metadata from the book and put it as the title of the document. But now they just base it off the Subject line of the email, which Calibre only puts as 'title-author'.

Thanks for the link. I did not know about this page.
Gardenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 03:53 AM   #8
arturg
Zealot
arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite 5 (10th gen)
If I send EPUB via email, does the title of the book come from the file name or does it actually look into metadata of the epub?
arturg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 03:55 AM   #9
arturg
Zealot
arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite 5 (10th gen)
Nevermind, will not use SendToKindle. It seems they don't understand in Amazon that there are also other letter is world's alphabet than A-Z, like Ö Ä Å in scandinavia. SendToKindle messes up every such character in the books I import.

I'll stick to USB as well.
arturg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 09:43 AM   #10
cellaris
Addict
cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo, PocketBook, Tolino, Bookeen, Onyx Boox, Boyue.
Send to Kindle (web) supports these characters.
cellaris is offline   Reply With Quote