Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-13-2015, 03:32 PM   #1
loviedovie
Addict
loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bookeen
Serving all the libraries?

HI

WHen I enable the internal servers (both the content and the wireless) I can only get the current library that is open in Calibre. Is there a way to serve all the calibre libraries?
loviedovie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 03:48 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by loviedovie View Post
HI

WHen I enable the internal servers (both the content and the wireless) I can only get the current library that is open in Calibre. Is there a way to serve all the calibre libraries?
Use the command line to start multiple content servers, one per library. See the documentation for calibre-server.

There is no way to serve more than one library via the wireless connection, because the connection is tied to the current calibre GUI instance.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-13-2015, 04:50 PM   #3
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
The good news is that this was brought up in a different thread. Kovid mentioned that he intends to revamp the GUI server...although I'm not sure what will be changed. I certainly hope it will have the ability to serve multiple libraries. I'm also not sure of WHEN he will get a chance to get to it, he's pretty busy.

In the meantime you can use the CLI as Chaley mentioned. You'll need a little understanding of network ports and possibly port forwarding.

Cheers,
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 05:22 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle91 View Post
The good news is that this was brought up in a different thread. Kovid mentioned that he intends to revamp the GUI server...although I'm not sure what will be changed. I certainly hope it will have the ability to serve multiple libraries. I'm also not sure of WHEN he will get a chance to get to it, he's pretty busy.

In the meantime you can use the CLI as Chaley mentioned. You'll need a little understanding of network ports and possibly port forwarding.

Cheers,
The good news is . . . he's pretty busy —— working on it as we speak

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 12:38 AM   #5
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Yup, take a look at the commit history.

He said it would take a few weeks -- unsurprising. That's still better than before -- people have been waiting for it since at least 2013.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-14-2015, 05:03 PM   #6
loviedovie
Addict
loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bookeen
Hi

Thanks for the recommendations. I think I will pass the additional server per library solution because I have like 15 libraries which is not feasible go through this.

I already use the Cops server which is nice but I want to be able to take advantage of the WIreless device driver features.

I just will wait for the actual implementation.
loviedovie is offline   Reply With Quote