Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 02-09-2024, 02:22 PM   #1
arbes
arbes began at the beginning.

Device: Lev (Bookeen redesigned device)
Post Ghost touch screen (What can I do with it?)

Hi, all!

I have a Brazilian LEV E-reader from Saraiva that looks pretty much the same device as the Bookeen Odyssey (it also says on the back that the model is the CYBOY4F-SA) for years; I think I bought the device back in 2014 or 2015.

As the title says, the touchscreen only responds in certain areas and sometimes there are some ghost touches in other parts of the screen. I feel bad about throwing it in the trash given that the screen displays images pretty decently and the device responds to action with its two buttons.

Now, I was wondering if there's a fix to this ghosting issue or if there's anything I could do with the device (or screen for that matter) that doesn't rely on touch inputs.

I'm really excited about giving some life to it!
arbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2024, 06:49 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
You could open it up and see if the ribbon cable for the screen is properly inserted. Maybe it's partially loose.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2024, 06:58 AM   #3
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Or if it's IR touch rather than capacitive, clean around the edge of screen/bezel. I've no idea which it uses.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2024, 04:57 AM   #4
paperwhite13
Zealot
paperwhite13 can eat soup with a fork.paperwhite13 can eat soup with a fork.paperwhite13 can eat soup with a fork.paperwhite13 can eat soup with a fork.paperwhite13 can eat soup with a fork.paperwhite13 can eat soup with a fork.paperwhite13 can eat soup with a fork.paperwhite13 can eat soup with a fork.paperwhite13 can eat soup with a fork.paperwhite13 can eat soup with a fork.paperwhite13 can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kindle PW3 [KOReader]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Or if it's IR touch rather than capacitive, clean around the edge of screen/bezel. I've no idea which it uses.
User guide for that model says it's capacitive.
paperwhite13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2024, 04:59 AM   #5
paperwhite13
Zealot
paperwhite13 can eat soup with a fork.paperwhite13 can eat soup with a fork.paperwhite13 can eat soup with a fork.paperwhite13 can eat soup with a fork.paperwhite13 can eat soup with a fork.paperwhite13 can eat soup with a fork.paperwhite13 can eat soup with a fork.paperwhite13 can eat soup with a fork.paperwhite13 can eat soup with a fork.paperwhite13 can eat soup with a fork.paperwhite13 can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kindle PW3 [KOReader]
But cleaning the (entire) screen is good advice in regard to ghost touches, same as keeping it away from all conductive objects.
paperwhite13 is offline   Reply With Quote