Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-11-2018, 04:31 PM   #1
BookinItLady88
BookinItLady88 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite
Calibre "playlist"

Hello there, forgive me if this question has already been asked. . .

I have over 6000 books in Calibre and (naturally) they can't all fit on my Kindle Paperwhite at the same time--nor do I want/need them to. Is there a way to create a kind of "playlist" if you will of just the books I want to sync with my device at any given time? I Googled this and watched a video on creating a catalog but I don't think that is quite what I am looking for. I tried it and it just gives me a list of the titles and info but does not sync the actual books to my e-reader.

I suppose it is possible I'm doing something wrong. I'm a little lost and frustrated so any help you could give me (that isn't just a bunch of links back to YouTube, etc.) would be great and much appreciated. Thanks in advance!
BookinItLady88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2018, 04:38 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone 5
Use the Reading List plugin. It will do what you want.

Here's the link to the Reading List thread.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=134856
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 02:48 AM   #3
BookinItLady88
BookinItLady88 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite
Not quite what I was looking for

Thanks for the responses. . .unfortunately, I have downloaded the plugin and played around with it but I don't think it is quite what I need. Again, it is entirely possible I am doing it wrong but who knows.

What I'm wanting to do is create a list of books in the GUI (calibre) and then sync that specific list to my Kindle. This would allow me to change out what books I want on the device at any given time without taking up so much space. Plus it would help me to create a reading list. It is a little overwhelming to search through all these thousands of books to find the NEXT book to read. I know, first world problems, right? lol. Anyway, if there is a way to do this and you wouldn't mind giving me steps for how, I'd really appreciate. Thanks again!
BookinItLady88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 03:19 AM   #4
Terisa de morgan
Wizard
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura One, XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
You can create the list adding the book to an specific list in the plugin and saying that it syncs with the device. And you do this from the calibre GUI, adding the book you want to the list. Which is the difference between which the plugin does and your needs?
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, catalog, list, playlist