Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-05-2018, 10:54 AM   #1
Saturated
Saturated began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS t3
Viewing epubs

I cannot make the Calibre Viewer the default application to view epub books. I can nominate the Calibre Program or RTF Viewer, which does not open the books.
Saturated is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2018, 11:58 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4NT, Galaxy Tab 2(RIP)
What OS (and version)?
Did you try and set the default to use (for windows)
Code:
"C:\Program Files\Calibre2\ebook-viewer.exe"
Normal installs register the viewer as available to handle certain formats.
You just need to make that the default via the file manager
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 12:13 PM   #3
Saturated
Saturated began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS t3
I am using Windows 7. I have tried to set the viewer as the default but nothing happens. I can open the viewer and access the book but it has to be installed in Calibre. I used to be able to open the viewer and read files without running the main program.
Saturated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 05:05 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturated View Post
I am using Windows 7. I have tried to set the viewer as the default but nothing happens. I can open the viewer and access the book but it has to be installed in Calibre. I used to be able to open the viewer and read files without running the main program.
Try going into Control Panel\Default Programs\Set Associations, scroll down to .epub, press Change program and set it to ...\Calibre2\ebook-viewer.exe, you may need to scroll down and hit the More Apps option to find it.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote