Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-30-2016, 11:48 PM   #31
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post
I disagree. They do charge, but it will take all night instead of an hour or two. I use those long ones regularly to charge my tablets - they are great if you are not in a hurry. I save the 'better' cords for actually hooking up to the computer.
I get a red X On the battery indicator when I plug on in.
Note: this is a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 12:00 AM   #32
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post
I know it's an old thread, but thought I'd keep the options together. I had a problem today where I couldn't get my Windows 10 to see a Voyage, Kindle Keyboard, Kindle Fire and a Nook Glo. No idea what happened since all of these worked a week ago. Device Manager would not find them (but WOULD find a Nook HD+).

Solution: I reset each device (not factory reset) and then no problems. The Voyage has a reset in the menu. The other devices required holding the power button down for 20 seconds and then restarting after a few seconds. After the reset, I replugged them into the computer and computer saw them like nothing happened.

Hope this helps someone.
You DID do a 'factory reset' on your KV.
That is the menu entry you used (it does not have the word 'factory' in its label, just 'reset').

The 'long press' and 'ignore the pop up panel' is the RESTART not a RESET - the difference is really, really important.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-13-2016, 11:52 AM   #33
Shaeem
Shaeem began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
Kindle doesnt recognise

Use a wire that is used for data transfer such as a smartphone wire that you can connect to the computer. I used my samsung s6 charger wire which works perfectly fine
Shaeem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 05:12 PM   #34
justw
justw began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
try an "Amazon" cable!

My Kindle Paperwhite 2 wasn't being recognized by two different computers (Win 8 & 10). I tried 3 different cables, that I routinely use with various devices for charge AND data transfer. It occurred to me that I had an Amazon Fire TV stick cable... tried that, and it worked!!
justw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 09:35 AM   #35
NickV
NickV began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite
Me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by badcarburetor View Post
This! I was using a cable that came with a BeatBlock Bluetooth speaker. My husband found a cable that went his Kindle Fire. As soon as I plugged it in, bam! everything fell into place.

Thanks for all the help on here, y'all. I really appreciate it. This is a great community!
I just wanted to say "Thank you!" for this. I've been using a Kindle for a lot of years, and only just now discovered this community (I guess because I never had a problem before).

I was trying to use a brand new cable, and getting no where. After reading this, I dug out my old, beat up, cat-chewed cable that came with my Kindle, and Presto! Connection made. So thanks, all.
NickV is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert