Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 04-26-2012, 05:28 AM   #1
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
How to order the JetBook Color to Germany?

I'm a little bit confused. How is the best way to order the

JetBook Color

to Germany? As far as I have understood they always add VAT/taxes (indifferent where you order (.com/.de)? The USD price seems to be a lot of cheaper than the Euro price.

Any suggestions and ideas?
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 06:35 AM   #2
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
ECTACO Deutschland sells it on Amazon.DE for 450€ which I think is the best offer you're going to find apart from used ones.

Forget the USD price. It won't be any cheaper once you add shipping and customs. At least that's how it was for me when I imported the first Nook from US, and other stuff from overseas. Saving a couple of Euros is not worth all the hassle I had to go through with customs etc. Plus you get zero service/support unless you're willing to cover the shipping costs back. So if it's available in Germany directly you should get it there...

EDIT:

There is also some odd information on the German homepage of ECTACO:

http://www.ectaco.de/minimale_prise/
http://www.ectaco.de/products/jetBook_Color/ - Rabatte (you can suggest a price)

Not sure if that means you can get it cheaper than 450€ directly from them. Worth a try?

Last edited by frostschutz; 04-26-2012 at 06:41 AM.
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-26-2012, 07:56 AM   #3
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
+1,
Just order from ectaco website;
If you're lucky yoy can add the gift option, so they separate billing and shipping, and you'll have to pay way less on taxes. No one believes this device to be 450eur anyway, they probably see it as a 300 tablet, and charge you taxes for that.

If you're lucky, they won't notice, and charge you nothing at all.

If not,they charge you 3% european tax, and your local taxes (which is ~18-21.5%); or buy a second hand from ebay if you can find one.
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 08:24 AM   #4
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
No one believes this device to be 450eur anyway, they probably see it as a 300 tablet, and charge you taxes for that.
That 450 EUR offer is shipped from within Germany so no extra customs or taxes to consider.

Passing it as a 300EUR tablet won't work. Customs officers know how to use Google too, and they rather charge more than less of actual value.

If you are a lucky bastard they will skip over the package entirely, but once it's in the customs hands you are out of luck. They take their sweet time with everything, that's why having to go to customs is such a hassle, you have to wait in line for hours to get your stuff... Not worth it, not at all.
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 08:52 AM   #5
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
I think it will be better to order on German website:
http://www.ectaco.de/products/jetBook_Color/

In this case it will be shipped from Germany with no custom fees and shipping charges.
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-26-2012, 05:20 PM   #6
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostschutz View Post
That 450 EUR offer is shipped from within Germany so no extra customs or taxes to consider.

Passing it as a 300EUR tablet won't work. Customs officers know how to use Google too, and they rather charge more than less of actual value.

If you are a lucky bastard they will skip over the package entirely, but once it's in the customs hands you are out of luck. They take their sweet time with everything, that's why having to go to customs is such a hassle, you have to wait in line for hours to get your stuff... Not worth it, not at all.
?
Customs?
I never had to see customs in person!
My shipping company dealt with them,and always delivered the package right at the door!
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:25 PM   #7
davidfmu
davidfmu began at the beginning.

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by joblack View Post
I'm a little bit confused. How is the best way to order the

JetBook Color

to Germany? As far as I have understood they always add VAT/taxes (indifferent where you order (.com/.de)? The USD price seems to be a lot of cheaper than the Euro price.

Any suggestions and ideas?
Dear Sir,

If U want it. I can bring to U , I plan to Gamany at August
davidfmu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 07:53 AM   #8
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hello everyone,

Today I finally ordered it (from the .de site). Btw. you might want to use the discount code LSNE7J9XBQ.

Anyway, thanks for your useful answers.
Old 04-28-2012, 06:45 AM   #9
pinguin_do
pinguin_do began at the beginning.

Device: JetBook Color
It is possible to just order it at ectaco.de includinng customs, taxes, etc. It will be shipped from the US.

I did it and I would give you the advice tu wait until ectaco released the final firmware (01.04.2012 *lol*) and read reviews of it.
Just now the device is not worth the 450 EUR.
pinguin_do is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 12:58 PM   #10
Friday13th
Enthusiast
Friday13th began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx M92
sorry but if you are not able to read the threads according to the JBC nobody can help you.
i wrote several times that i ordered the JBC from ectaco.de for 400€ after writing some emails to them (black version including shipping customs etc.) ...
Friday13th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 04:11 AM   #11
joblack
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friday13th View Post
sorry but if you are not able to read the threads according to the JBC nobody can help you.
i wrote several times that i ordered the JBC from ectaco.de for 400€ after writing some emails to them (black version including shipping customs etc.) ...
Hey Friday13th, thanks for your input. I did get a rebate price of 420 Euro (all inclusive) after contacting the sales support. I didn't push it to the end because

a) I think it is a great device
b) 'early adopter' risk should be rewarded
c) ectaco is small compared to Amazon