Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-14-2011, 11:57 PM   #16
Synergi
Addict
Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, iPadPro, Galaxy Note 5, 8 (tab) & Galaxy Tab S3
Nice to know, now I can pull the one book I bought (was really free that day) and transfer it and use Mantano to read it. Can't wait to get my hands on this Fire tomorrow..
Synergi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 12:14 AM   #17
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Note: you need Android 2.1 or greater to use Mantano. My phone has 2.2 and the Fire is based off 2.3.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-15-2011, 06:41 AM   #18
beckywc
Addict
beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini w/Retina, Kindle 3, Kindle Fire HDX 8.9, & Asus Transformer
Kindle Fire will allow BN Android app to be installed.

http://mashable.com/2011/11/14/kindl...runs-nook-app/
beckywc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 02:05 PM   #19
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckywc View Post
Kindle Fire will allow BN Android app to be installed.

http://mashable.com/2011/11/14/kindl...runs-nook-app/
That's pretty cool! So far all my favorite apps seem to work. Now if the Dropbox app works I will be happy!
Old 11-28-2011, 01:21 PM   #20
neadams99
neadams99 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 2, 3, KFire, Samsung Epic 4G
Overdrive is a great way to use KF to search for ebooks at your library and have them on your KF for the loan period you specify.

Here is the link for the OMC from their website:
http://www.overdrive.com/software/omc/AndroidEULA.aspx
you must hit the "agree" button to get the download onto your PC, then copy to the root of KF. Search for it with ES File Explorer and install on KF and open. Viola'.
neadams99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2011, 02:12 PM   #21
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by neadams99 View Post
Overdrive is a great way to use KF to search for ebooks at your library and have them on your KF for the loan period you specify.

Here is the link for the OMC from their website:
http://www.overdrive.com/software/omc/AndroidEULA.aspx
you must hit the "agree" button to get the download onto your PC, then copy to the root of KF. Search for it with ES File Explorer and install on KF and open. Viola'.

You can download OMC directly to the Fire using the same hyperlink.

After touching I agree, you will see a small pop-up in the Notification Area of the Status Bar at the Top of the Fire. If you touch the Notification you will see the download in progress. After the download is complete, touch it to launch the App installation package.

Last edited by obsessed2; 11-28-2011 at 02:17 PM.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 06:20 PM   #22
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Did you check the Android Market website?

Oh here, I found this link on the Mantano website to SlideMe.org where it can be downloaded. It looks like a 7-day trial version, but that will at least let you see if it is worth buying.
Here is a link for the free version

http://www.appbrain.com/app/mantano-....android.trial

Says it's supported by ads.

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 07:54 PM   #23
jimad
Connoisseur
jimad is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Mantano is the best in my opinion.
Mantano is the first I have found that supports downloads from within epub (as does ADE on desktops, for example, and as does Kindle mobi browsers for mobis)

This is used by MagicCatalogE.epub, for example, to allow you to download a book from within a book.
jimad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 08:12 PM   #24
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadievan View Post
Here is a link for the free version

http://www.appbrain.com/app/mantano-....android.trial

Says it's supported by ads.

Carol
The one at SlideME is the full free version and you can download it straight to your PC. It has ads unlike the paid version that you can also buy there.
Old 11-28-2011, 08:13 PM   #25
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimad View Post
Mantano is the first I have found that supports downloads from within epub (as does ADE on desktops, for example, and as does Kindle mobi browsers for mobis)

This is used by MagicCatalogE.epub, for example, to allow you to download a book from within a book.
Yep it's an awesome app!
Old 11-29-2011, 08:18 AM   #26
ectoplasm
Addict
ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD and H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Wow, so with Mantano available via Amazon's app store this must be the first device released by a major bookstore player that offers both MOBI and ePub without jailbreaking ...
It should be mentioned that on the Amazon Appstore, Mantano is listed as not compatible with the Kindle Fire. I don't think there is a way to override that and install anyway. However, the paid version on Android Market is listed as compatible with the Fire, so you could install from there if you are rooted.
ectoplasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 08:33 AM   #27
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
That's pretty cool! So far all my favorite apps seem to work. Now if the Dropbox app works I will be happy!
Works fine. I got the apk from Freewarelovers.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 08:36 AM   #28
TCSimpson
Fantasy Author
TCSimpson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TCSimpson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TCSimpson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TCSimpson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TCSimpson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TCSimpson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TCSimpson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TCSimpson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TCSimpson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TCSimpson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TCSimpson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus Tablet
I love Moonreader on my Xoom and phones. Is Mantano better?
TCSimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 10:45 AM   #29
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCSimpson View Post
I love Moonreader on my Xoom and phones. Is Mantano better?
Yes much better. Mantano can read external style sheets better than Moon Reader. Mantano has collections and bunch of other features. Even though Mantano displays the book as the style sheets shows you can still override certain elements to your liking. Custom Font, background and text color, margins, paragraph alignments...etc.

SlideME has both the Free and Paid version of Mantano. There is no need to bother with the Android Market. You can always purchase Mantano through Amazon if you have a compatible device then backup the apk then move it the Fire to install. This is how I have Mantano on my Fire. I moved it from phone to the Fire and it works fine.
Old 11-29-2011, 10:46 AM   #30
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ectoplasm View Post
It should be mentioned that on the Amazon Appstore, Mantano is listed as not compatible with the Kindle Fire. I don't think there is a way to override that and install anyway. However, the paid version on Android Market is listed as compatible with the Fire, so you could install from there if you are rooted.
No need for either. You can get it from SlideME Paid or Free version.