Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-13-2008, 07:02 PM   #121
Custom
Custom began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
I've found one in the root. I've cancelled it, as at the first attemp that failed, but this time everything seems to work. I don't know why, but I am happy of it.

Thanks for your job!
Custom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 09:38 PM   #122
vinniet
Connoisseur
vinniet has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinniet View Post
Ok I limited it down to the USB mouse. I installed this on a laptop that has internal mouse which is PS2. When I launch libprs500 and use the USB mouse it jumps around. When I use the PS2 mouse, nothing. It seems the software is looking for reader (maybe) on the USB on a interval and it is messing with the USB mouse.
Hello ... This has been fixed with the latest version of libprs500 (4.33). It mouse no longer jumps around on my laptop. Thank!!

What other bugs are in this new version?
vinniet is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2008, 08:10 PM   #123
shousa
Groupie
shousa doesn't littershousa doesn't littershousa doesn't litter

I have 3 questions:
(1) I have some .rtf files - is there some reason or limitation with .rtfs that would make it better to change these to .lrf or is .rtf fine?
(2) if I have an ebook in the libprs500 database as both a .rtf and a .lrf which one gets transferred to the reader or do both get transferred?
(3) Once I have converted a .lit to a .lrf should I disconnect the .lit from the database?

I think you can see what I am getting at with these questions.
shousa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 08:19 PM   #124
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
(1) not really, though I like the fact that I can adjust base font size in LRF files
(2) LRF
(3) No
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 09:06 PM   #125
shousa
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
(1) not really, though I like the fact that I can adjust base font size in LRF files
(2) LRF
(3) No
Thanks a bunch!
Advert
Old 01-30-2008, 03:39 AM   #126
shousa
Groupie

My library1.db is around 150MBs even though I deleted two .rtfs that were around 40MB from within the GUI.

In the library1.db are there only .lrfs and the rest are links to the hardrive (for locations of .rtf and .lit files - I am almost positive this is not the case)?

or....

is it likely I need to run a repair and compact utility? - is there a link for one?
Old 01-30-2008, 10:59 AM   #127
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

library1.db keeps RTFs and LITs in the database as well. When you delete things from a database, free space is not necessarily recovered. The next version of libprs500 will have a compact database button in the config dialog.
Old 02-01-2008, 10:23 AM   #128
astrodad
Guru
astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Paperwhite 1, iPad, iPhone
FYI, the link to the new version is down.

https://libprs500.kovidgoyal.net/dow...500-0.4.35.dmg
astrodad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 11:47 AM   #129
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Fixed.
Old 02-01-2008, 10:13 PM   #130
astrodad
Guru
astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Paperwhite 1, iPad, iPhone
Sweet. Now to update from SVN as I continue to tinker.
astrodad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 09:55 AM   #131
Mitchll
Cave Dweller
Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Ipad Sony reader prs-505 prs-900
problem in save to disk

Kovid,
I received the following error message in saving to disk a group of books:

[Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'H:/Stasheff, Christopher\\A Wizard In Mind _ The First Chronicle of Magnus D_Armand, Rogue Wizard (Chronicles of the Rogue Wizard)\\A Wizard In Mind _ The First Chronicle of Magnus D_Armand, Rogue Wizard (Chronicles of the Rogue Wizard) - Stasheff, Christopher_1788.lit'
Detailed traceback:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "main.py", line 528, in save_to_disk
File "libprs500\gui2\library.pyo", line 144, in save_to_disk
File "libprs500\library\database.pyo", line 1325, in export_to_dir
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'H:/Stasheff, Christopher\\A Wizard In Mind _ The First Chronicle of Magnus D_Armand, Rogue Wizard (Chronicles of the Rogue Wizard)\\A Wizard In Mind _ The First Chronicle of Magnus D_Armand, Rogue Wizard (Chronicles of the Rogue Wizard) - Stasheff, Christopher_1788.lit'

Thanks again,
Mitch
Mitchll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 12:14 PM   #132
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Maybe because of the ( ) Try removing them from the title and then saving
Old 02-05-2008, 05:33 AM   #133
andinho
Enthusiast
andinho began at the beginning.

Device: Fujitsu Siemens Stylistic 5011D, PocketLoox 720, Sony PRS 505
Hi Kovid,

I had a little issue with the image libprs takes from a pdf. It's mirrored upside down. I don't know if that was already mentioned. This almost always happens.
I updated from 0.4.31 to 0.4.35 but the mirroring is still there. Now since 0.4.35 the weird german chars for direct speed (looks like >> <<) are converted into two strangelooking characters like a f and a t. Back to 0.4.31 it's ok again.

Thanks for your program
Andi
andinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 12:06 PM   #134
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Yeah the rotated images are a bug in pdftohtml, I've informed the authors about it, hopefully, it will get fixed. There is a regression in 0.4.35 on character encodings in PDF, already fixed in svn.
Old 02-05-2008, 12:21 PM   #135
andinho
Enthusiast
andinho began at the beginning.

Device: Fujitsu Siemens Stylistic 5011D, PocketLoox 720, Sony PRS 505
Thanks Kovid. I also found a few examples with missing german umlauts, do you need one?
Andi
andinho is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
libprs500, prs-505